Are you afraid of LOVE?

Are you afraid of falling in love?Are you afraid of LOVE?

Most Helpful Guy

• no because either way we will have to grieve over a death eventually so breaking up is similar to grieving process

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been madly, hopelessly, desperately in love for more than 16 years -- deeper every day -- and, honestly, it's still terrifying.

I *still* have this bad habit of waking up, glancing over at the empty other half of the bed (we don't sleep/wake at the same times), and having these awful flashes of thought -- "What if he's just gone?" "What if it's all over, just like that?"

Before I fell in love, I was content enough on my own.
    Now, we have *everything* together -- but, alone, I'm *nothing*.
    So... yeah, scary.

But, honestly, that's a big part of why it's still hot, after all these years, and why this marriage ALWAYS keeps me on my toes.

And even if I *did* get my heart shattered at the end -- it'd absolutely be worth it. Not even a question.

Love is EVERYTHING, in this life.

Everything.

What Guys Said 24

• Not at all! Its the thing i crave most right now.
    Its the main thing i am missing from my life. But patiently waiting for the right girl to love. I am not going to waste my affection and life time with someone who i don't truly love for who they are, it would also be horribly unfair to them/

• I don't think it will happen a third time.

• Yes. I fear it because I know I'll fall in love too fast. I'll become too passionate, too emotional because I know I'll care too much.

• yes i am, but at the same time i want it very badly

• yes i am! cause every time i do, she doesn´t... sucks ass.

• Lol no, why would I be afraid of love? I wonder if there's a phobia like that?
    My curiosity is sparked.

• Nope not at all.

• Short answer: yes ;P

• your such a liar ! its always thesame reasons with you ! T_T

• @TheAngryBanana Look, I'm sorry babe. I've just got loads going on right now. I just don't think I can handle any more stress.

• Hey your back!! And you kept the long hair too? Lol nope not afraid of falling in love.

• Haha! You noticed when I was gone? Lol I was gone for a whole month, during that time I traveled (went hiking, rock climbing, etc.).

Anywho, why are you not afraid of love?

• I'm happy for you :)
      Not everyone finds that special someone

• Thanks 😊😊 that us true

• Love fears me.

• Lol good one. Is that what you tell yourself? Have you ever fallen in love before?

• Oh shit, sorry to hear that :/

But you haven't given up on love, correct?

• no. I look foreword to it.

• Nah, no reason. Let the looooouve spread : ))

• Nope love is afraid of me 😏

• Yes when it's not reciprocated. Hurts like no other pain. Won't love again.

• no, its too good to be afraid of.

• to be honest with the way girls are, i dont think its even possible. and plus I've never been loved, always been rejected, I've fallen in love at first sight many times, but thats only because of physical attraction.

• Yes I am

• nah im not affraid of it but im not devoting my whole time on it :)

• Ever since that Christian summer camp I've been afraid of love.

• Nah I ain't no punk.

• You could be afraid of the consequences of love and not be a punk you know :/

• Hmm, sure you were XD

• Sure had you fooled 😛

• Yes.

• not at all

• Vaya Con Dios - Puerto Rico

Yes, i don't think i want it anymore

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 27

• I've always been a little afraid. Giving my 'all' to one person, does scare me a little.

With that said, I'm very much open to it and it doesn't/won't stop me from falling in love again.

If/when it ever happens again.

• What are you most affraid of in those cases? Affraid he doesn't live up to the hype and you get hurt?

• Ill just give you the advice then ;).
      What helps me a great deal is to avoid any fantasy based on things he hasn't done. I know its less fun and pleasurable. But it keeps you maintain a realistic view so you don't accidentally fall in love with the fantasy version.

• @sawno - Not that I think they'll do anything to hurt me. The actual act of giving them "all of me" is scary.

If you'd like to PM me, feel free. I would rather let this go than be on my profile again. Thank you.

• No, I am not

but falling in love may be a problem, because it can make u easily ignore certain things. things that matter later on, for a relationship to last.

• No I'm not.

• Why would anyone be afraid of a feeling?

• Some people might be afraid of loving someone, then getting hurt by them.

• Ya of course. Great q though :)

• Yes, I am. With love comes pain and I already know that he won't love me back.

• with life comes pain.. so Least you get practice :-)

• of course. i only meant IF you get hurt in love, it helps prepare you for other hurts in life... you become more resilient for the next fall, not necessarily from love. there are many pains in life. each one makes you stronger. not saying get hurt on purpose or do things you don't want. i just never saw worrying about getting hurt as a reason to not try something you WANT. pain comes whether we walk out the door or stay home.. as you say might as well live.

and to be fair no one really KNOWS what will happen before it happens. this can be a helpful thought as well as scary depending on context. but it does free you up a it to try:)

• @Azara You're absolutely right. Pain is everywhere. I agree with everything you said.

• I'm not afraid of love. But it can make you vulnerable and I afraid of getting hurt.

• I believe in sexual infatuation.
    I don't believe in love = total self delusion to me.

• No, I just don't want to atm.

• no im not, what is scary though is how easy i fall. i dont put up any barriers.

• No I'm not afraid of falling in love

• Why not?

• What's there to be afraid of? If I fall in love with someone then there's not really much I can do to help it. I desire that feeling of being in love with somebody, so it's not something I'd ever be afraid of.

• Yeah.

• So you think a good relationship needs daily caring?

• @scooogy hell no lol. It needs the opposite. Thats just what I've seen a lot, people being needy with each other and calling it a relationship basically.

• Already in love

• Nope 😊

• Nope, I don't think so.

• nope.

• eh... I guess xD

• Yes. I don't want to put myself in the position of possibly getting hurt so I'd rather not.

• Damn straight lol

• No, I'm afraid of not being loved back.

• no but I want it so bad, I want to feel the warm of a man on top of me as he looks me in the eye and gives me a feel that no other man before has given me.

• Terrified.

• What is love? baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

• no but i have a theory men are afraid of love lol

• Yes XD

• It can be scary, but also very rewarding. So I will take a risk on someone I really like.

• Well, after having been brokenhearted so often, i don't think there's anything left to be broken anymore.

• @scooogy Well then I guess you've got nothing to lose! Ha