Is anyone else going through hard times?

I hate to self diagnose but I might have college depression. I spend a lot of time thinking of my future. If at any point, it appears I won't achieve the future I want, I will mentally snap and freak the f*ck out. Lately I have had one too many failures, event though they weren't my fault. I don't want to talk to a therapist because then I feel crazy but then my anxiety (which was professionally diagnosed) says I have to talk to a therapist because it's not good to keep this inside. I have a loss of interest but at the same time my anxiety says I have to keep going or else my life will really suck. I keep dwelling on my past failures even if I wasn't at fault. I feel persistently sad because my anxiety side really, really wants to succeed but my sad side of me asks how I am going to go about that. I have tried talking to my family but all they say is, don't worry everything will be okay. But I don't know if everything will be okay and I don't know how I am going to make my life okay. Is anybody else going through tough times?

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop doing the things you feel you have to do. I was experiencing the same things before when I would exercise. I'd feel like I had to exercise and this made my cortisol raise which I confused for testosterone, and I would get so mad that I couldn't exercise any further because of how mad I would get, for no good reason. If someone tapped my shoulder I'd flip out.

There was a study on rats which I won't go into detail but ultimately they found that rats who did things they felt they had to do, had their cortisol skyrocket and resulted in them hiding in a corner not moving similar to my experience with me stopping my work out.

YOU are stressed because you are mentally exhausting yourself because you feel like you have to do this which you don't but you think you do.
    If you realized that you can find a passion and pursue it and even make it your career, you'd result in having fun and making money on the job. You don't need a therapist, you need to pursue your passion whatever it is. My passion is running and my job is a bycycle courier and this job contributes with my running it helps with my run and I get paid more than $20 an hour (more than $3000) a month and I'm only 19.

Find your passion.

• I forgot to mention that your depression is a result in mental exhaustion. You're experiencing what the rats and I experienced but you keep going because you are afraid to fail.

• I have found my passion, it's healthcare helping other people get through their problems helps me forget my own. I have failed one too many times and I don't know if I can handle it again. I feel like I have an angel and a demon on my shoulder. The angel is my anxiety telling me to keep going or I will really hate my life if I don't do something to preserve my future. The demon is like my depression saying how I am going to go about doing that. I got a volunteer position at a hospital for a while but I was forced to quit. I reapplied and am begging for the job back, and because I can afford to do just weekends. I know I graduated with who are more successful. My best friend from high school just bought a house.

• You found your passion and now it's time to pursue it. That angel on your shoulder is the demon. You decsribed the same thing I said to myself when I would get mad when I work out. I thought that my life would be really shit and I'd be nothing, a waste of life, defeated if I didn't train and so my cortisol would raise even though what I was doing was my passion. What you need to do is take a new approach. If I don't win the gold medal in the Olympics, I know that I'd be the best shape of my life, and I have other plans, I also would like to be a youtuber/gamer/car salesman these other jobs are also passions of mine and I love doing them I don't tell myself I have to it's what I want to do. I was in your situation similarly and we're both the same age, find a back up plan, know that there are other paths in the crossroad with sunshine and rainbows right now your making it grey and rainy. I swear, the reapproach I took helped me and I don't get angry anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• Therapists aren't for "crazy" people. They're there to help people learn to sort out their feelings in a healthier manner. Is it crazy to get a tutor if you're not understanding what's going on in your math class? No. Is it crazy to hire someone to teach you how to play the guitar? No. Sure, there are plenty of people who don't need a tutor or instructor and can just learn those skills on their own. Not everyone can though. That's all a therapist is. If you haven't figured out how to deal with certain emotional issues on your own, they simply try to teach you how to do so.

What Guys Said 2

• You're not the only one going through depression. Can only offer you digital hugs at this point.

• what's your major? my life is a tough time. what are your failures? life is about existing, failure is an option. picking yourself up, and trying again is key.

• I am majoring in healthcare. Recently two bridges that could've led to good opportunities were burned and I feel they were my fault even though deep down, I know I am hardly at fault.

• my sister moved to hawaii from k-force traveling nursing. my mom was a naval nurse, then moved to medical records. im from michigan.

What Girls Said 1

• When you're sick; you surely don't frown upon going to the doctor?

I don't see why you shouldn't seek out for mental help. You're going through a tough time and need someone to clarify your thoughts with you and go through your thought processes.