Guys, What happens at you yearly doctors appointment?

Like what does the doctor do/checks?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing because I haven't had one in 5 years.

What Guys Said 7

• You want to nmow about the things that a doctor does because we're guys and the usual stuff like listening to your heart and lungs?

1. The doctor checks for inguinal hernias. He palpates the scrotum and tells us to cough. If we have a hernia, he can feel it when we cough.

2. He does a prostate exam. He puts on a pair of gloves, lubricates his index finger, and sticks it in our anus up to about the second knuckle. He can then feel our prostate gland to see if it is enlarged or has any appreciable masses.

3. They may do a blood test for Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA.) This is an indicator for prostate cancer.

• Nothing cause I eat apples. Apples keeps doctors away

• i never had that before.

• He feels my balls, tells me to cough, and then he tells me to get lost until next year.

• Yearly? Don't know. I only go if I think I'm going to die.

• Typically not that much, at least not that's 'male specific'.

They often check for a hernia right above the testicles, that's what the thing about them checking your balls and you have to cough is, they're not actually aiming for the balls, but your groin right above them.

I grew up uncircumcised (got circumcised as an adult). As a boy they make sure the foreskin doesn't balloon while urinating, and as a young teen they may ask to make sure you can retract okay. I've heard of some people physicals where they actually do retract or ask you to retract the foreskin to check.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0