What animal makes the best pet?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are active and like hiking-an active dog
    If you live in your small apartment and don't go out much-a low energy cat or dog
    If you don't have a lot of space but want an affectionate pet-a rat, rabbit, ferret, guinea pig
    If you have lots of space and desire a pet to take you places-a horse
    If you want a buddy but aren't fond of fur or cuddles-a fish
    If you desire someone to talk to you and don't have a lot of space-a bird
    If you have the money to set up proper tank and the space for an enriching enclosure and you like an edgy pet-a reptile;uromastyx, chameleon, lizard

Personally, my favorite pets are dogs and rats. Cats are a great 3rd.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• This question depends on the personality of the potential pet owner as well as the living space the pet will be housed in.

I actually think for small living spaces, rats make the best pets. They are friendly, smart, trainable, and super cute. For those who can provide proper exercise, dogs are awesome pets. Loyal and loving, and so many different breeds to choose from; there is a dog for everyone.

They live for a long time and are a huge commitment, so the potential owner needs to be absolutely positive they will be able to provide for the dog for 10- 20 years.

Cats are amazing creatures. Very smart, and like dogs, lots of different personality types to choose from. Also a long commitment, but cats stereotypically need less constant care than dogs.

And you can more easily go out of town for the weekend and leave your cat inside your house because litter boxes take care of the waste.

I'd say dogs, though.

• Dogs obviously 💁🏻
    But if you don't have that much time for them cats are gonna be a better option.

• Bunnies and cats in my opinion

• ... me.

• a man.

• Dogs in my opinion. I've had plenty of dogs as pets as growing up. They're loyal, fun, playful, and just the perfect pet you want.

• Nothing beats dogs obviously. They're a classic. Out of the more exotic pets, ferrets are super duper cool.

• Dogs and cute little monkeys look like they'd be fun pets and also maybe those mini piggies, so adorable

• Cats

• Dog!!! My dog is what's keeping me sane these days.

• Dogs rule.

• Cats.

• Dogs

What Guys Said 11

• For me specifically? I'd like Rabbits, and birds, maybe chickens also. Anything that won't bite. Goldfish is also good for me.

I really wish I could have a pair of Penguins as pets but I know that will and can never happen.

• Dog if you want a somewhat active interaction with your pet
    Cat if you want a more independent pet
    Pig if you want a permanent two-year-old
    Hamster if you just want a funny furry mouse
    Fish you want peace and quiet.

• Snakes. Because they'll take out all them rats.
    But nah seriously, they are so cool. Remember having a snake around my neck once, and it didn't kill me. Imagine my surprise. (Dont come with all those "duh" facts, I was a kid.)

And I'd also perhaps would want a stoat. So majestic.

And finally, an owl. Just to get a message delivered to Hagrid.

• A great white shark is the best pet.
    I decided to put Hitler's brain in mine, but of course the conservatives had problems about the ethics of it.

• Rabid hyena.

• A giraffe

• Dogs.

• humans

• Cats and dogs in my opinion.

• Dogs...

• Pussy cats