- Others: Have you ever told someone they would look better if they lost weight?
Did you say it to offend or was it as a form of compliment?
Personnaly when I used to be younger and chubby it didn't bother me one bit when family and friends told me I would be pretty if I lost weight. It actually used to boost my confidence and make me want to lose weight even more. Which I did.
- Heavier people: No one ever said this to me3%(2)5%(5)Vote8%(3)
- Heavier people: I have been told this and wasn't offended , took it as a compliment18%(11)17%(17)Vote15%(6)
- Heavier people: I have been told this and it's offensive23%(14)19%(19)Vote12%(5)
- Other: I already told someone this13%(8)18%(18)Vote25%(10)
- Other: I have never told someone this43%(27)41%(43)Vote40%(16)
Most Helpful Guy
Most Helpful Girl
I've pretty much always been thin. I've never told anyone this. I feel it's very rude kinda like "you're pretty for a Mexican", and I know that's offensive to me so I've never gave anyone a backhanded compliment like that.4