Is it possible to become a priest for/of every religion?

Is it actually possible, to become a fully trained/educated priest, for all of them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the bahaï faith has this. Universal God ideology and common with all faiths

• I read some about that one and actually liked it, untill I reached the part about their belief in a concious God/creator. Pretty decent religion nonetheless.

• If they removed the idea of a God and worship I'd gladly sign up.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• how would that work out?

• Becoming a student in one, till you're officially trained/educated, then leaving for another.

• I think all priests should do that though, before they began preaching anything.. you know, to realize their own view on what's what.

• oh yes, becoming educated is one thing. trying to be one man for all is another :P

• maybe be educate but i dont think you can be one for EVERY religion

• It would take a while but maybe since all religions on some common grounds and stories.

• if u start now maybe u can do most of them :D

• All the religions? In the entire world? All in this lifetime? No.

• You mean one person be a priest for all the religion? Then no I don't think it's possible.

• I'm going with no

What Guys Said 11

• Nope it is impossible especially since being part of some religions such as Zen Buddhism, especially in Japan. Since it takes a long time years to understand and achieve satori one of the concepts of zen Buddhism in which there are several concepts each relating to a different part of life.

But you can not achieve Satori this is a waste of time and energy because this attitude reinforces the mistaken idea that Satori is some kind of goal to be achieved. Simply live your daily life normally, practice zazen, and let go of everything. Do not try too hard to understand what Satori is, or how to achieve it. Again, this is a waste of time.

Now take that and the mindset and do it 4-5 more times with completely different concepts relating to completely different parts of life.

Plus if you really were to do that with every religion your mind wouldn't be able to handle it and you would be driven insane.

• I used to be a Zen Buddhist, but then I took an-- No. I really were, before my new found ideas, and "IF" I were to go about this, Buddhism would have to be the last one of them. I agree though, to truly learn either of them, it would take more than a lifetime.

• Several lifetimes in fact, but back then, it was the beliefs that fit the best with what I wanted in/thought about life. ^.^

• Yes, become a military chaplain. You service the religious needs of all service personnel, regardless of religion.

• No chance ever there are thousands of religions you will not have enough time in multiple lifetimes.

• No because each religion will excommunicate you for joining and priesting in other religions

• Isn't that called theology?

• It's hard to actually get the accurate teachings though. 99% of priests have no idea what they're talking about and spew bullshit. It's hard enough to learn 1, imagine learning them all?

• I agree. I don't plan to preach anything from them. But learning the viewpoint of them all, would be pretty sweet.

• Completely memorizing all the books/scriptures new and old.. Would take a while.. I'm probably not doing it, just a thought I had. ^.^

• Most of the time, when people just memorize the book, they're just regurgitating it. They don't actually understand it. I'd rather fully understand it and not have it memorized

• At one time, no. You couldn't be a Christian priest well being a rabbi at the same time, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't jump from one religion to another.

• No, because some are actually against priesthood and clergy from other religions.

• A priest? Well not every religion has a priest obviously.

• i think almost all religions requite total subordination of you want to become a priest for them.

• No, because not all religions have priests