i applied for 3 jobs, and they never got back to me. I just need a summer job before I go to my senior year in high school, so i can help pay for college and gas money. I called some places more then once, and no one will hire me. Should i just wait until my senior year starts to get a job?
Most Helpful Guy
You have applied for only 3. You need to apply for lots of jobs. Jobs are not easy to come by. It takes many people months to get jobs. Some people take a year and apply at about 100 different places. So as you can see 99% of people that apply for jobs do not get one in the first 3 jobs they apply for.0
Most Helpful Girl
Depends on where you are looking and if they are actually. The fact that you only applied to three jobs tells me you aren't putting effort into finding one.
1. Always walk in to fill out an application, even if you know it's only online. That gives the manager a chance to look at you and know that you plan on working there.
2. When you walk in to fill out an application, make sure you are dressed like you would for an interview. Look nice. Sometimes, it doesn't matter for entry level jobs, but you never know. And bring your own pen and contacts information for references.
3. Apply everywhere, even if you don't want to work there. You're in high school so it's not like you have a bachelor's degree that makes you over qualified for some jobs. I suggest you apply to be a server somewhere. Restaurants always need servers. Always. ALWAYS.
4. The best time to apply for a job anywhere is between 2pm-4pm because that's usually the lull. People just ate or ran all their errands and went home or they are going out after work. That gives the manager more time to talk to you and not just stuff your application in the office and then lose it. It's like an impromptu interview.
5. Don't call them unless they tell you to do so. That's really annoying, especially since they're trying to run a business at the moment, and lot of places won't give you the time of day if you do that, no matter how qualified you are.
If you need help with the interview, I can let you know what to do there, too, but I'm running out of characters on this post.0