How long will it take to get my guns back?

I got arrested last year in July for probable cause of receiving and concealing stolen property, I was in jail for about a week and not charged. The police took everything I had on that day and I got all my stuff back when I was released and gave me my carry permit back so I guess I can still carry my firearm like I usually do. They took two guns I was carrying that day, How long until I get them back?

Updates:
I just called the property and evidence department, they said my firearms are released and just have to fill out a background check form to get them back.

0|0
0|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Did they give you a property receipt? Cops are notoriously bad about 'losing' firearms they seize. Talk to a lawyer immediately, make copies of any paper the cops gave you. You'll probably get a song & dance. Be prepared for a long process. Do you have the serial #'s written down? You might be able to call the ATF and report them stolen, see what a lawyer says first.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 4

• i mean you should've gotten them when you left prison or when you got your permit back. it seems to me that you should talk to a lawyer and then go from there. the lawyer may suggest just going to the station or some other course of action

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you go ask them?

0|2
    0|0
  • you probably won't

0|0
    0|0
  • if you where not charged and convected they can't keep your items.. go in and demand everything back or you will contact a lawyer..

0|0
    0|0