Why is it ok to murder animals but not people?

I know most of you are gonna say because killing animals benefit us but killing humans don't. But I disagree. Some people don't even contribute anything to our society. They aren't assents but burdens.

Assets*

Most Helpful Guy

• It's cause we live in a weak ass society where a lot of religious ppl/righteous people believe every life is a gift. F that, We are overpopulated as it is. I think you are talking about taking the shit out of society. Murders, money hungry human exploitation activists, etc.
    Yes , they should die. No need for jails. However I don't think someone should die , just cause they are lazy and don't contribute to society.

What Guys Said 28

• Who decides who lives and who dies?

• People are above animals. It's that simple.

• And sooo since we're self entitled that gives us the right to kill god's creations just because we can? Enlighten me

• Vegan crap lmfao i love this guy

• @Harbor I call it like I see it

• Survival of The Fittest? Because of the Food Chain. Humans are part of the Food Chain too in case they forgot. But Might Will Always Be "Right" so people kill and eat animals because they could and because they will and that they feel and think that they need to. But then when tragedy like people getting hurt or killed or eaten by animals happens, they would wonder why such awful tragedies happen? Well why not? We're part of the food chain too, perhaps that is the way things are going to be in order to have a balance. Even animals eat, hunt and kill each other all in order to survive. Same shit with humans, just worse when we fight amongst ourselves and slaughter each other over something, or over someone, or for really nothing at all or for some sick and twisted reason or purpose.

• O boy your a vegetarian or vegan aren't you? and your comments I've read on opinions, lead me to believe that your a rather spiteful thing sitting on her high horse who disagrees with anyone's opinion that differs from her own.

• So how would you like the idea of someone murdering you then?

• Because:
    "It's natural"
    "It's tradition"
    "It's necessary"
    "Otherwise they woud take over the world"
    "They would go extinct"
    "Because they taste good"
    "It's the circle of life"
    "We're at the top of the food chain"
    "Bacon though"
    Are the most common excuses people use to feed their ego (and stomachs).
    Yes, a mass-murdering child rapist has more rights than an innocent pig, THAT is an atrocity is itself.
    The day will come when future generations will look back at how we treated animals and they will be shocked and ashamed of their race.

• I agree because animals are more pleasant than the majority of people. I think we should start eating the weak and the unemployed.

• Why does contribution to society imbue man with value?

The so called knowledge we pride ourselves on is nothing but a delusion, we apply knowledge on to nomenal word in order for chaos to be temporarily orderly and meaningful. Suffering is the human condition. Suffering is the condition that perpetuates the action of the will.

When we deny the will to live, when we stop placing urgency in a reality that defined by an ever elusive moment, perhaps people can begin to realize the profound beauty in meaningless and will embrace one another with love. Forgiving those who cause pain because pain is natural.

• I'm pretty sure you've eaten meat in the past week and you're nothing but a leech under your parents roof you haven't done much contributing to society either

• what is your contribution to society?

• @Hoggle you're either a troll or really stupid.

• He is quite correct.

There is no animal or plant that is useful by humans that is endangered. If you want to save the tiger, then let people own, breed, and eat them. Every endangered species in the world has something in common: They are not typically owned by people and they are not useful.

• If God had wanted humans to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made animals taste like meat.

You can't murder something that doesn't know it exists. There are very few animals that one could argue have sentience: Chimps, gorillas, cetaceans, that's it.

Humans are evolved to socialize with each other, but a byproduct of that is an erroneous projection of human traits onto non-humans. That is an error in reasoning. Don't do it.

• Yeah! We should be able to hunt people too!

• Animal Cruelty is not Murder. Why do we do this? Do not whimsically use terms to justify your ideals. That is so dangerous!

It is what causes every -ism under the sun and is the basis of all prejudice. It is by far the worst thing you can do to yourself to convince yourself through misuse of language and self-induced propaganda that you and your crusade represent a holy system and ideal that it does not!

• Well, would you really want to eat homeless people?

• Brcuase we are the top of the food chain animals can't change the world and animals have yet to evolve.

At the end of the day it comes down to value.

A animal can't invent a smart phone or make a girls ask guys. com
    Or make a space ship or save lives or make music food non of that

• Because its funnier

• People are above animals according to society.

• because they are animals and we are people, there is a lot of difference between us.

• Well, we hunt and kill animals because we need food, if not then we starve and die (unless you are a vegetarian). It's not like we kill every type of animal. We don't murder humans because their life is actually worth more, whether you agree with it or not. How would you feel if you had a child and someone murdered your child or worse, murdered you?

• As messed up as it is and think it is, it's the circle of life, eat or be eaten, survival of the fitest, meat has protein and other benefits that we can't live without, well can but we'll be weak. I do how ever think people should treat the animals better instead of torturing, abusing, and neglecting them.

• Because animals are not equal to humans.

• Because that's what the religion made up by goat herders thousands of years ago said. But be realistic, it's all bout relativity and perspective. You say there are people who are burdens on society, to you that may mean bums, people who have 30 kids, ugly people, etc... But to a rich person, a burden to society to them could mean all poor people or people who don't make more than 100,000k a year a. k. a you and me, the common man. It's a slippery slope.

• I've learned that in this world the strongest survive.

• because humans are more sentient.

• Because animals are not people, really simple concept.

• ask peta

• We don't want to be murdered or have our loved ones murdered, so we all make an agreement not to murder each other. This is about our own personal safety. That is why we don't like people that murder other people, but still love our solders that literally kill people for a living. There is nothing wrong with murder as long as we know it isn't going to happen to us or the individuals we care about. Killing an animal isn't going to hurt us, so it isn't as big of a deal as killing a human. What is and isn't ethical is based on what is best for society, not what is good or evil.

• Why are you wasting your time on GAG? Don't you have a "pro choice" rally to attend?

• Only if you use all the parts

What Girls Said 21

• As a Christian, I may view this differently than you do. I don't think that animals should be killed though unless they are going to be used for food. It's stupid to kill them just for sport in my opinion. And I don't believe in killing even the people who contribute nothing to this world because that's not what Jesus would do. He would love them, and He would never give up on them. And that's the example that I follow. Sometimes people on destructive paths can actually change their lives around for the better.

• And yet the abortion rate yearly...

• Killing any living being shouldn't be okay actually, especially in first world countries where people can very well live without consuming meat but it's just the convenience I guess. There's a thousand ethical reasons against eating meat while meat eaters only have one "it tastes good" - but try to argue that with them and you could as well just be talkin to a rock instead.

• we murder both!

• Animals do kill people too.. hahaha

• Just pointing out that animals do it every day in the wild (not kill their own species but kill other animals below them in the food chain to survive)

The food chain, which we're at the top of, means that the animals below is are smaller, easier to catch an eat, and less advanced.

Just saying that, coming from a vegetarian perspective

• oh my.
    Look, killing human is bad.
    Killing animal for no reason is bad too. (for example, chicken, etc we eat them, so yeah it's good. But there are some rules on how to do it.)

But torturing them and then killing them is bad,
    However killing insects for no reason is bad too.

and yeah so on.
    Please tell me you are not vegan.

• Because humans think they're better than animals. I agree, a lot of people could be murdered and I wouldn't mind one bit. (E. d. Donald trump, poachers, rapists, etc etc) but that doesn't justify murder. I do think capital punishment should be a thing again, if a person killed another human, raped someone etc and they are certain that person has done it.

• Animals murder other animals and they aren't arrested. Why is it ok for animals to get away with it and not us? We should start jailing the animals.

• Because animals are tasty.

• Most people dont contribute to scoiety lol. Sounds like you want to pull a hitler. Vegans/vegetarians are scary. Not just about the things you guys say but how many people you have been able to brain wash in such a short period of time.

• RIGHT

• I've often thought this. Just because animals can't speak doesn't mean they don't want to live...

• "murdering" animals is called the circle of life. Look it up. There's an entire Disney song about it. But mostly because murdering people is illegal.

• I think no one should be killed

• You're right. We should start euthanizing humans as well, it's only fair

• Mmm... most animals don't eat animals of their own kind...

• When animals eat people, do you consider it murder? No, they're just eating, surviving. There you have it, we don't murder animals either, we eat them, we have been since a VERY long time. Now, maybe you'd say that we have a choice, we can eat other things, and I think that people who opt out of eating animals and stick to their belief are admirable. What I do not admire is when those people try to tell everyone else that they are the ones doing the right thing and how the rest of the world should follow them.
    Killing animals to eat is NOT murder. You cannot even begin to compare an animal to a person. No matter how good an argument you try to make. It is NOT the same. So what if they are people who are, as you say, "burdens"? It still doesn't make their lives worth less than an animal.
    If you want to be a vegetarian, so be it, but never for an instance get the idea that people's lives are "worth" less, or even the same as an animal.

• I don't eat meat, but from hat I gather human beings have developed higher thought process. They are civilized, have laws, etc. Animals do not. Animals eat other animals. Some animals also practice cannibalism, why? Because it's in their nature.

• It's not ok - to murder animals for pleasure/exploitation/entertainment. Socially it's ok because people like to think that we're superior to animals - we have the capacity for language and we're able to create technology that gives us an advantage over animals.

News flash, we are animals lol. We're a species. Everything deserves to live, regardless of intellectual ability. And choosing to kill/murder something that is vulnerable, innocent and defenceless doesn't make you better, it just makes you look pathetic.

I'm referring to instances OUTSIDE of using self-defence. If a bear is coming for you, do what you need to do. Obviously

• Murder is a legal term.

Call me up when you see a room full of pigs write up and vote on a law.

• Don't be so na├»ve we eat animals for food, as do other animals.

• Because humans developed enough higher thought to create laws, and while doing so, a majority decided that killing humans was a bad thing. Animals have not developed this higher thought and the only law is to survive and to breed.