How long before you give up on asking a girl to hang out if she always has an excuse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Two times for me. After the second try I just quit talking to her outright unless she initiates. She'll have to make plans to meet after.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the dude.

What Guys Said 12

• The first time you hear an excuse, you think it's an excuse you maybe it isn't so you don't give up. When you ask her a second time and you hear an excuse, you are fairly certain that it is an excuse. I hate it when girls lie and make up excuses instead of just telling you that they aren't interested. So, after the second excuse, I ask them, "If I ask you a third time, will you say 'yes' or will you make up another excuse?"

• i like your response but here's the story. I've been texting this guy for about a week and i like him and he flirts with me and keeps trying to hang out but i always make an excuse. but im really engaged through text, im just socially awkward so im avoiding hanging out.. what do i do?

• The reason we're prone to give up is that we took this as a sign of rejection, thinking you weren't interested in us. Now the ball's in your court if you want to change the verdict.

• You give him absolute sincerity. Tell him, "I really like you and I really want to spend time with you but I'm also a bit socially awkward so. . . can we ease into this, like just meet for lunch the first time?" What do you think of that approach.

Most guys really, really appreciate sincerity.

• I asked my crush to hang out twice before she finally agreed.
    1st ask: asked her if she could give me a ride to work holiday party, she said she felt like shit and she was sorry but she didn't feel like going

2nd ask: asked her just to hangout. She agreed, but 30 mins before we were going to she said she remembered she had to babysit (which was probably valid).

3rd ask: she said yes and we hungout.

And she's really the only girl I've asked to hang out.

• I ask once. I accept the excuse.
    I ask for the second time. I don't accept the excuse.
    There's no third time.

• Once and move on. NEXT!

• so impatient

• It guards against being strung around. There are ~3.5 billion women on the planet. I generally found it only leads to heartbreak to fall in love with someone you haven't even dated yet.

• I didn't always do that. There was girls in my teens who I asked out multiple times, stayed around, thought they might change their minds about me. Nope -- just sadness and the heightened sense of rejection. I learned from that experience that you should never fixate on one girl until after you date her and she starts falling in love with you first.

• Having an excuse alone? 1 or 2 times. If she has an excuse but comes back with a counter offer, then a couple more tries.

Thing is, it is dangerous for girls to play these kind of games because all you are doing is filtering out high quality guys who have other options and confident enough to not take your bullshit.

• First time lol

• Hmmm she gets Two strikes

• Twice. I run a restaurant, so I know how busy people in my business can be. But if you really want to see someone, she can make it happen or make time for us. If she doesn't then I need to move on

• 2nd or 3rd attempt. Don't take long fore to get the message.

• Three times. Then I tell her to call me if things change and keep moving.

• twice.

• 2 or 3 times.

What Girls Said 0