Has Your Sense Of Humor Ever Gotten You In Trouble?

The First time I got into trouble for my humor I was in Junior High. A girl I had dated wrote me a mean note about why she broke up with me. I took it as a challenge to one up her on it. I and my buddy wrote it. I can't remember the full text of the note. Still I remember the line that got me suspended from school for a week. I had modified a joke I had heard from a Comedian to fit the situation. "What's the difference between You and a Herd Of Elephants? Answer: About 20 lbs."

It wasn't as petty as her note got but I didn't show her note to the Principal. So it was because of that I got O. S. S. Since that time my humor has Always been an Issue. I'm of the mindset that if we don't laugh at something it controls us completely. Keeping us unable to think rationally. With all that in mind:

Have you gotten in trouble for your humor and what happened the first time?

• All The Time!Has Your Sense Of Humor Ever Gotten You In Trouble?
  • Not So MuchHas Your Sense Of Humor Ever Gotten You In Trouble?
  • I Don't A Sense Of Humor...Has Your Sense Of Humor Ever Gotten You In Trouble?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Guy

• Bahahahah if it makes you feel better I laughed at that joke. Yeah I've gotten into trouble but who the fuck cares. I ain't apologizin for my amazing humor lmao

What Girls Said 11

• I get into so much shit for my sense of humor.

• I joke a good bit of the time, so people get confused at times until they realize I'm not being serious. I've never gotten in serious trouble over it, though.

• Yup especially on GAG :P people don't know how to take a joke on here. Bhhahah

• So many times. Making a joke about my own dead dog offended some people.

• yeahh bad students doing hilarious shit and i accidentally encourage it by laughing hard.

• Honestly yeah, I say jokes I shouldn't be saying at the worse times lol

• Kinda, people don't get it a lot of times... particularly the saracasm

• uh yeah, my humor is graphic. like sexual or just morbid, im a strange person.

• A few times. Nothing extreme like getting suspended but one time I accidentally made a joke about a burning soul in front of my friend's mom and she scolded me for it BAD.

• B. im not so vocal anymore

• frequently...

What Guys Said 13

• My sense of humor is very mainstream, and has never caused any issues.

• My sense of humor helps me get out of trouble a lot of times. :D It's only the real serious bitter old decrepit turn sniffers that lose it. I can admit that it has landed me in serious situations at times, but I maneuvered those waters like a fucking pirate in a hurricane.

• Yeah, I've gotten in trouble many times. Too many sensitive people out there.

• Sometimes yeah.
    I made a joke about terrorist recruiters once and the people I was hanging out with were shocked and thought I was some racist bigot for a second until I told them I was kidding.

• I've been fired from a really good job.

• Not that I can recall lol.

• I joke about everything, and I do mean everything. I've offended countless people, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Yeah, all the time. It's especially bad when texting or writing online. I understand that people find it difficult to detect humour/sarcasm/whatever in written form, but people seem way too ready to overreact these days.

• I couple times, but not really 😝

• All The Time!

• I've no sense of humor.

• Not really I know when to not to joke around

• Yeah I'm an asshole who constantly makes racist, sexist, homophobic and dark humored jokes. I did get in trouble a few times back in high school.