If you could go back to 5 years ago, what would you say to yourself?

I would probably tell myself:

You are going to be okay. Something horrible is going to happen to you soon, followed by years of pain, and it's going to get better emotionally but then get worse physically. You'll be happier, but life won't be easier, and you'll be sick, and tired, and in pain from an illness - but you'll have people who support you and are there for you. You will be in a better place, with better people, and you will learn that you have to do what's best for your emotional and mental health even if it means cutting people who claim to care about you out of your life. You will be stronger, more confident, and understand more than you could possibly understand now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be afraid to actually say anything to change anything. Some bad things happened just less than 5 years ago for me but in the long run I really think it helped my life and if I gave myself advice I might avoid the bad stuff that happened and I don't think life would have actually turned out as fortunate for me as it has.

• Yeah I get it! I wouldn't say anything to change anything either - mostly just to give myself hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell myself...

"Katherine, you are going to have the greatest next 5 years of your life. Embrace and enjoy them, because once they are done, you are going to be a completely new person. Appreciate who you are and embrace who you will become, be open and accepting to what you are going to have to let go. Life is about transformation, embrace the transition. You are going to experience some difficult, and very painful lessons in the end, but you will be in one heck of a ride. Have fun! Prepare yourself, hold on to the railings and enjoy the roller coaster ride... It will not last forever, but you will be very glad and happy you got to enjoy and experience such thing in life.

And when it is all over and done, and you feel at the bottom, remember to pick yourself up and continue with life... After the storm comes the calm... After the high comes the low and that is life. Don't be afraid to continue moving forward, letting go and searching for what you TRULY want in life! I wish you all the best, you will be JUST fine <3 Never forget that and believe in yourself. You are amazing, awesome and beautiful. Let your true self shine! Radiate that light you were meant to shine."

That's what I would tell my 20 year old self. :)

Very nice question btw!

What Guys Said 24

• Cut and run from that bitch

• I'd say "break up with her now!!! Don't get your heart broken! It's not worth it!!! Noooooooo!!!"

• "You think it'll get better. You think it'll all work out. It doesn't. It doesn't get better. The more things change the more they stay the same. You live a treadmill life. This is it."

• I would tell myself from 5 years ago the following:

"I know it feels like you are stalling in your life goals and not making any recent forward progress, but it does get better!"

• I graduated from college this time 5 years ago, so pretty much I will tell myself that the best years of your life are ahead of you. Don't worry about your shitty grades and just keep on fighting, a tremendous opportunity is just around the corner and it will set you up for some amazing things.

• stop getting in trouble
    don't put your dick in crazy
    finish college, then join the military. fuck what you believe in at the time, the military has awesome benefits. and for computer sciences, you'll always have a job afterwards.

• I'd say this: "You're going to meet a very attractive woman and you'll have tremendous chemistry. Run."

• Tyler son you big as hell brah, Neber change and keep stylin on deez nerds Ooo only if I could do you but society would call it "sick" so..

• "Would you believe me if I told you that a group of people is going to emerge that claims things like there's no such thing as men and women, that a woman can become a man simply by asking that people refer to her as a he from now on, and that feelings matter more than facts? No? I didn't think so."

• Ha, good one.

• definition of the abuse fallacy: resorting to insult in an argument rather than making any actual attempt to prove the other person wrong. subtype of the ad hominem fallacy.

also I have a friend who tells me that when people insult you in an argument it's because they don't have any ammo left.

• don't bother with community college go straight to a university

• "Bro, I came back in time to tell you that you will eventually discover time travel. That's some sick shit."

• Get your drivers licence idiot.

• I'll probably be saying that to myself in a few years. Still don't have it.

• Stop gambling and chasing girl. Focus school

• "NEVER STOP. NEVER SETTLE" even tho those are the words I live by anyways

• Hey kid hold on
    Cause your in for one hell of a ride

• Stop making excuses and be normal. Date girls.

• she never gonna fuck you, she's not worth your time.

• quit being a dumb little faggot and go enjoy shit and dont be an ass

• can't you make it like 15 years?

• get more pussy ughh ughh ughh

• It's glue, not lube.

• hello bby ;)

• Things won't improve in life. Don't spend thousands on getting well. Blow it on a few epic months and burn out.

• Run! Omg run! The abuse and life is gonna get worse than you can imagine.

What Girls Said 17

• "Don't trust people too much and don't do too much for people, they will return nothing and may even in turn fuck you over for it. And also, barely anyone keeps promises."

• Don't talk to that bearded dude on that socially awkward website, trust me.

You'll be better off not knowing him.

Also start saving your money now you foolish child.

• Shits gonna change, you better be ready. You might not like it. Hell you're not going to like the outcome. But you'll learn from it and you'll grow from it. It's going to make you stronger. And make you realize something you've not know Before. And much much More.

Great q op!

• There are people in the world who would want to be your friends, your parents would start to respect you more, you might go through the bullying a few years later too but that's okay this time you will not be alone and thinking that you might not get over it. Don't feel shy to vocalize your thought and not everyone in this world has good friends and not everyone is loved, let them say that your bad things about your personality and looks, it's not because it is bad it is because they are just bunch of jealous bitches who don't like the fact that the hottest guy of the class chose you over them have fun and stay away from the bitch you call your best friend.

• "get off the internet"
    "tell [insert friend name here] to dump his girlfriend she's gonna fuck him over in a few months"
    "he's sweet but he's gonna dump u before he moves just fyi"
    "two words: eye brows. fix em"

• Enjoy all the foods that you can now.

• I'd just tell myself that the experiences you're about to experience may seem wonderful at first but towards the end of those 5 years you will be the happiest you've ever been.

• Don't be so insecure and be bold. Try to have deeper and better relationships with your immediate family.

• Move on from Rob now. It's pointless and you're going to get hurt really bad.

• DON'T SLEEP WITH YOUR FIRST BOYFRIEND HE'S A LOSER.
    YOU'LL MEET HIM IN A FEW YEARS. ALSO STOP BEING A SCARDY CAT.

• Bitch, you going to like double your weight, so don't get with that little fkboy over there, don't emotionally eat and go to this address to meet the man of your dreams 5 years sooner!

• Don't be a teacher and if you run into my ex in the future, stay far far far away.

• Leave him now without causing pain.

• Stop being a little bitch.

• it is just a phase you fucker, put the black eyeliner down

• Lmao! Yes! Freshman year and sophomore year of highschool I used so much eyeliner it was ridiculous.

• The relationship doesn't have to be perfect, just make it worth it. You think its bad now? Tqhree horrible events are going to happen to you. To avoid these three events that belong in the same category. Don't believe or trust a soul. Be a mean nasty person don't care for others. No matter who they are! Don't give up on life, school, your dreams, don't drop out. Don't let these events make you feel so worthless. You have to fight through it. Don't let it happen. Don't trust them. As for your boyfriend, love him as much as you can. Don't waste a moment because of some childish fight. Love him before you let yourselves be seperated. Show him how much you love and need him. Don't talk to your best friend walk away when you meet him, save you from the heartache. Don't tell people shit at school they're fake friends not real!

• Never settle