Just spent $800 on a chess set (srs).. was this a solid investment?

Girl I know is obsessed with marvel/DC/batman. I'm a huge batman fan too. We went to Warner Brothers Studios and got a tour.. it was pretty badass. I ended up caving and throwing 8 bills on the most badass chess set I've ever seen in my life lmao.. I love chess and will obviously keep this for the rest of my life.. this thing is HUGE. All the pieces are sculpted.. Only selling these for a limited amount of time as well. Definitely let my inner nerd shine today. Shipping to my place within a week.
Just spent $800 on a chess set(srs).. was this a solid investment?
Some more pics..

by the way boyos.. this is going to be my last post for a little while.. so don't start making questions asking if I'm dead. Need to focus on my training a little more.. plus I'm on too much testosterone right now and I've coming at everyone like a fcking pitbull lol.. ends up wasting time that I don't have. I'll still come on every now n then.. I just need to give my training 100% right now. Stay safe boyos.

0|0
13|17

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn expensive chess set but defiantly nice, nothing wrong with treating yourself to something now and then, and if your playing chess why not do it using batman right?

hmm I need to start laying chess again.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• You can probably resell it in years time for more then you brought it (if you wanted to).

0|1
    0|0
  • brah, I LOVE CHESS! i would go batshit insane if i saw that. It's awesome and i say it's a great investment. And plus IF you ever decide to sell it the money you'll receive will be triple or more of what you paid.

0|1
    0|0
  • So, you're asking for me to kick your ass at chess AND leg day?

Haha, great investment on my behalf. :}

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn that's a bit expensive I can understand why. And if it's something you really wanted nd are gonna use it a lot then why not. Sometimes you have to splurge and spoil yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty cool, I wouldn't say it's a waste of money if it's something you're super into and plan on keeping forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • holy shit this is awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh... THAT'S AWESOME!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know how to play chess so its not for me.
    but u do u haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless millionaires are paying you to play on its a bad investment

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it makes you happy. No judgment here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like someone's pussy whipped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow. I hope it pays off for you

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• That depends on what you value. I've spent $500 for a sleeping bag. It's still being made but is $650 now

0|1
    0|0
  • If that's something you are really into and like, then why not? If it's a collector's item then chances are you can always resell it later for a profit at a higher price, depending upon interest and demand from the community of collectors.

800 bucks for a chess set is really really pricey. I'd only spend money like that towards school, rent, bills, and possibly a new laptop computer or a tablet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao what a nerd, prepare to be wedgied

1|1
    0|0
  • I would NEVER open the packaging, and would keep it as a collector's item that will accumulate value!

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks pretty cool the price might rise later if you need money and have to sell it

0|1
    0|0
  • That is fuckin nice...

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not really. Kinda a bad investment. You're looking at this the wrong way though. It's a nice piece, i doubt you'll ever get rid of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great investment. Keep it for your while life and it will reward you later in life or your children lol

0|0
    0|0
  • if you like chess sure. i spent 800 dollars on a computer chair. its been kicking ass for two years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol dayum bruv hope she's good at chess.
    Yea focus on dem gainz get back when u ready

0|0
    0|0
  • It might have been.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of depends on what it is made of; if cheap plastic you got taken...

0|0
    0|0
  • Very cool!

0|0
    0|0
  • save it and keep all the pieces, this could be worth a lot of money in the future for collectors.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • who does that? bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

0|0
    0|0