Do I stand a chance on meeting someone if I lose weight? Both in person or online?

Im well aware I need to lose weight and want to but I hate change. I'm only losing or trying to lose weight cause I'm obese
My pic is on my profile. I just want to know if I'd be capable of attracting someone if I was to drop 70-85lbs. I'm currently at 270. If not should I stop trying in life?

30 minutes in and nothing I should of known

Most Helpful Girl

• To some people weight doesn't matter, it certainly doesn't matter to me. I'm fine with my body, whether I lose weight or not. I exercise for myself because I want to, not to attract other people, if I happen to lose weight fine, if I stay the same weight fine, as long as I am as active as I can be.

I didn't have any better luck with dating when I was thinner, than I do now. I don't think you should stop trying in life, I think you should exercise for yourself, and not focus on trying to find someone. The right person will support you, and care about you no matter where you are at with your weight, or stages in life, struggles, etc. Someone who bases how much they care about you on your appearance isn't a very good person anyway. Attraction is important, but there's something called attraction and emotion being connected. Often if you care about someone romantically, you will be attracted to them even if they lost all their hair, or they aren't as tall or short as you normally go for, or you never really liked freckles but they have freckles. Suddenly all the things you didn't think you liked, you love more than anything about them.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

Lose weight for yourself, no one else. You'll find a someone to love one day, don't focus your personal health journey on whether people will be attracted to you.

• See that's where the differences end you being a girl can get some one regardless of weight and looks cause guys are willing to give you a chance.

• That might be true in a sense, but not all guys are "willing." to give a bigger girl a chance, besides I wouldn't want to be with someone who was just "willing." to give me a chance.

A lot of women aren't as judgmental as you seem to think about bodyweight, by the way.

You're also assuming I'm straight which I'm not.

I was only trying to be nice to you, give you a positive answer based on experience, and self love, telling you to lose weight for yourself not to attract people - but if you chose to reply negatively so be it. Have a nice day.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always a chance. That's the wrong question to ask. You should be wondering about the probability. And that's something that we can't answer with any degree of accuracy without knowing more than you're obese.

Don't lose weight to try to get a bitch. Lose weight because you want to. Lose weight because you want to improve. Lose weight because you want to be the best that you can. That will not only make it easier to achieve, it will put you in a better frame of mind. And that frame is what will help you meet a bitch.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course! Most people are attracted to people in a healthy weight range so you will definitely attract more people!

What Guys Said 3

• Yup dude. Join weight watchers. Was just reading an article the other day it's one of the better weight loss programs because it doesn't restrict the food you eat.

• Yes. You'll definitely meet someone and get laid if you lose weight.

It's got nothing to do with the weight itself though. Once you lose the weight, you'll feel better about yourself and it's that new confidence that will be magnetic to women.

• You probably should just stop trying.