Any suggestions for nonviolent modern PC games that still look pretty?

A friend of mine wants a game to show off his computer, but he gets motion sick with most action games, and most of the prettiest games are first-person shooters, which look good, but he can't play. Are there any modern games that aren't overly fast paced and violent, that still look really good? It's hard to find, because they don't really make pure puzzle-based adventure games anymore, and some of the cool looking games I play makes him sick. I'm thinking "Ori and the Blind Forest" might be a good one, maybe not the most technically-demanding game, but it has a cool looking art style. Any ideas?

0|0
1|13

Most Helpful Girl

• Stanley Parable
    Journey
    Gone Home
    Dear Esther
    Portal 1 + 2
    Child of Light
    Limbo
    Life is Strange
    Stellaris

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably gets motion sick because of lowered fov (feild of view) in games. Tell him to look into increasing the fov in the settings. For instance many console ports say like oh I don't know... Call of Duty are defaulted at 60-65 fov but you can increase it to something more comfortable for pc users like 90-110. The reason low fov causes motion sickness is because it feels like you are running / looking around but through binoculars, the only reason it doesn't effect console gamers as much is because they typically sit far away from there tv's where pc players are like 2 to 3 feet away. ... ps not all games allow higher fov's but the good ones should. Cheers :D

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 12

• Child of light
    Ori and the Blind Forest.
    Subnautica.

They all have some combat in them, but it's hardly fast paced, and it's graphic are pretty good.. Oh yeah, not to forget "Life is Strange".

0|1
    0|0
  • The Trine series has beautiful, beautiful graphics and very little violence (it's more about puzzles than enemies).

The Long Dark is another beautiful looking game, it has an unusual art style, it isn't too fast paced.

Submerged looks amazing, and isn't violent.

Elite Dangerous looks great, but there can be a fair amount of combat depending on what you do. Planetside 2 looks incredible but it's a constant, all-out war (and it's an FPS)

0|0
    0|0
  • How about "The Talos Principle"?

0|0
    0|0
  • Want puzzle games?
    Try "Machinarium", you won't regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • he should try "rise of the tomb raider" or how about quantum break, im playing quantum break and its a pretty good game. or he should try half life

0|0
    0|0
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter is one of the best looking games to date,
    it is also a non violent "walking simulator" with some puzzles.

0|0
    0|0
  • Journey?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not the portal series?

0|0
    0|0
  • Looking for a non violent game in a bloody world we live in 😂😂😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
    • There are plenty of movies that aren't action movies. Gamers don't have the same kind of selection:.

• I was actually going to suggest ori and the blind forest. It's an amazing looking game.

0|0
    0|0
  • Minecraft.

0|0
    0|0
  • S I M C I T Y

0|0
    0|0