What's your favourite quote from a book, person, movie, TV show, etc?

Mine would have to be H. P Lovecraft, 'The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown,' and Tyrion Lannister from GoT, 'Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.' What about yours?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• This whole bunch of dialogue from the Matrix, but especially the part in regards to

"That you are a slave. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind."

Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?

Neo: No.

Morpheus: Why not?

Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix.

Morpheus: Do you want to know…what it is?

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.

What Girls Said 12

• 300 movie

http://imgur.com/0nDLJv0

Law Abiding Citizen movie

http://imgur.com/OqUIRrJ

• "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"They agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything." - Catch 22

"If you don't have a sense of humour, you don't have much sense at all." - Unknown

• “Sometimes the sins you haven't committed are all you have left to hold onto.”

“If you read someone else's diary, you get what you deserve.”

“It's just a penis, right? Probably no worse for you than smoking.”

“As a child I assumed that when I reached adulthood, I would have grown-up thoughts.”

“All I do is lie, and that has made me immune to compliments.”

-all my the GREAT david sedaris <3

• If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there.
    The Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland

• "I may be the one walking away, but your the one that's leaving, again." - Daryl Dixon, Twd
    Or
    "People with nothing to hide don't usually feel the need to say so"
    And
    "Anger makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed." Both by Michonne from Twd.

• "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you"
    Friedrich Nietzsche

• The Book Thief - death " I am haunted by humans "

• "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not." -Dr. Seuss in "The Lorax"

Call it cliché but it is so true.

• When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
    And
    Give, but don't allow yourself to be used. Love, but don't allow your heart to be abused. Trust, but don't be naive. Listen to other, but don't lose your own voice.

• If you want your coffe sugar you're gonna have to climb up here and get it.

• "Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity".

What Guys Said 10

• "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much — the wheel, New York, wars and so on — whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man — for precisely the same reasons."
    From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and my profile)

"I am Holly, the ship's computer, with an IQ of 6000; the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers."
    From the second episode of Red Dwarf :p

• I like the first quote you wrote as well.

I will add another one from him then.
    “Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity.”
    ― H. P. Lovecraft

• Good Lord. Asking me that would be like asking a woman with 100 kids which one she loves most. I can tell you my favorite person to quote (C. S. Lewis), but I coultn't possible choose a favorite quote of his. He has so many absolutley amazing ones that it's pretty absurd. I post a loto f them in my deviantart journal: http://sin-and-love.deviantart.com/journal/

• Jack reacher talking to some hired 3rd string college football line men suppose to act as muscle for the local crime familly... he's trying to warn the 3 or 4 of them before the fight
    "You were trained to play a game. And you're not even good enough to do that. I was trained to kill people. And i was the best"
    I read that and was like "... badass" jack reacher was the head of a made up soecial forces military police unit by the way

I also like the classic "FREEEEDOMMMMMMM!" From brave heart

• "I'm gonna kill each and last one of you." - Niklaus Mikaelson from episode 1-2-7-8-9-11-12-14-16-18-20-21 and 22 of season 1 - 2 and 3 of the originals.

Much love!

• Hasta la vista baby

• It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    Fight club

Be the broken or the breaker
    Dimnu borgir

• "You can't run away" is an ideal for the strong. You're not always wrong. Society, the world, the people around you - often someone else is in the wrong. To think that you can change is adapting to this cruel, indifferent, trashy world. It's admitting defeat and servility. You're simply deceiving yourself by dressing it up with pretty words.
    Isn't changing yourself the same as running away? Why can't you just accept who you are? They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world. but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise, by feeding you a convenient little fib.