So, if nobody takes their money to the grave with them, why on Earth do some people want more and more of it, knowing that they'll NEVER?

Spend any of it and it will just collect dust in a bank account? Why are people SO greedy and never just retire?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why people are that way. My Grandparents are well lest just say very well off. They keep investing money. Their kids don't need money. Us grandchildren don't need any. Spend it on yourselves for once! But in all honesty it's because of the great depression. Thats the mentality people had back then.

Most Helpful Girl

• To set up something for their kids and their future.. cost of living is getting higher and higher as the years past so I totally get why parents want to leave as much to their kids as they can. Also some people like to live comfortably and the only way to do so when you're older is to make as much money as you can, when you can. You can't really live off retirement money that well.

What Guys Said 9

• I knew that already and find it laughable. they could have at least put it to some good use or have some real fun with it before going to the grave such as like how this guy did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEuM_L2fkBc

• How does a person "know" when hey have had enough, particularly if they have lived through difficult times earlier in life? Remember that this tends to be an emotionally driven issue.

• Cause I never know when I'm gonna need the money. If I have more than I need, I wouldn't have to worry about not having enough money.
    Plus, when I die, my money goes to my kids, and I want my kids to have no money issues.

• So they can die in histerical laughter from being so rich.

• To make their lives heaven on earth.

• Security.

• For the legacy and for the next generation

• status

• Rich people use their money and possessions as a method of keeping score with other rich people. It is all about ego and greed.

What Girls Said 1

• Cause they're hypocrits. they dont know money can't buy the most important things in life