Is our reality not real? (Like The Matrix)?

• It is
  • Maybe not
  • No, we are living in The Matrix

Most Helpful Guy

• So the problem with this question is that it doesn't make sense because it's circular. If all you can interpret mandates "reality" then it is, in turn, your reality regardless of whether it is or is not real to others. Hallucinations and delusions are a primary example of this; for some people their delusions are so real they cannot shake them. Hence, Spider Man.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• There's no evidence to support this idea that is any more compelling than anything we can make up to explain how the world works.

So I just say "no", don't even bother with "maybe" because it's not productive. I'll upgrade to "maybe" if there is some compelling evidence.

• Perhaps we might be in a "Simulated Reality", but it also could be that it is nothing like what had been represented and seen in the Matrix movies and completely different than what we would expect it to be.

• How would we know? If we knew our reality wasn't real, we wouldn't call it "our reality," would we?

• There is a philosophy that I like to think about that states basically:

As our brains process so much information from so many sensors, we're actually living a few seconds in the past. It still takes time to process the information so everything that you do and that you're experiencing has already happened.

In that sense, no, or reality is not really reality; in other ways, what we experience was really there, so yeah it's really reality.

• Even if that was so this would still be "reality" and especially "our reality". In regards if we are living inside a simulated world there is no way we would know.

• There's tons of shit we can't even fathom so kinda sorta not really

• I accidentally put it is but I don't think so. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary happen, I haven't heard of men dressed in suits and sunglasses abducting people from their jobs to "interrogate" them. Good question though, it's been asked by many people.

• Wait, I read your question wrong. Our reality is real in my opinion, it's not a virtual reality like the matrix.

• "reality" is the cocktail of information our brain gathers and forms into conscience. it´s nothing like the world around it.

• It's hard to say

• We are the Matrix

• Cannot be answered

• reality just depends on our perception.

• lol i've been looking up videos about this recently

• It was determined there is a 20% chance we are computer simulations.

What Girls Said 1