Can someone explain to me why Christian Gray complained about sleeping in the bed with the girl?

He mentioned he never slept in a bed with a girl before. Is that bad? Was he falling in love with her because of it?

I do know just because a guy sleeps in a bed with a girl doesn't mean he's in love with her haha but this fictional character only wanted sex. And started to change.

:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Christian was a control freak for a reason - it's how he managed his vulnerability from his childhood. The women he had slept with previously didn't mean all that much to him - they were a means to an end - and he didn't want them trying to get too close to him.

Remember how he didn't like to be touched, especially near his chest, because he'd been tortured as a child? That's a part of it - how could he share a bed with someone and risk them touching him in a way that he wouldn't be able to control his reactions?

So that was part of it too.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's about his control of the situation.

What Guys Said 3

• I highly recommend you stop what you are doing now, burn those books, burn down your house, get a priest to perform an exorcism on the ashes and then throw them into a crevasse so deep you will never be able to retrieve them.

Also, it is because he doesn't like being close to people.

• Because he had no clue what an actual BDSM relationship looked like, oh I meant the author. Besides the fact that it played well with what she wanted to convey. Her own sexual fantasy.

• Bad writing

What Girls Said 4

• with most friends with benefits you fuck and then you leave. You don't sleep because that shows emotion. pretty straight forward

• Because it made it more significant to the morons reading the shite when he slept in the same bed as her.

• Sleeping in the same bed is more attached to the idea of serious relationships, where as all he wanted was to fuck and leave. That's what happens with most friends with benefits, they most likely never stay the night, let alone in the same bed. It's part of his sex-only hungry mentality.

• I convinced that he either snored terribly, drooled in his sleep or was a sleep-talker and didn't want anyone to find that out.