When death, What's the end according to atheists?

1. reincarnation?
2. not existed anymore?
3. other?

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I know, most atheists believe eternal nothingness is what follows after death. I guess I'm a special atheist then cause I really wanna believe in reincarnation. 😂

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I just think we don't exist anymore.

• Nada

• Nothing. There is nothing after death according to atheism.

• Not necessarily. Theism is the belief in the existence of a God. Atheism doesn't by default rule out spirituality, ghosts, reincarnation, etc. It just ignores the possibility that some supernatural king of all all existence rules over everything.

• Yeah you just love pulling shit out of your ass.

• @AhGojira Buddhists are nontheists as opposed to atheists because the Buddha taught that believing in God was not important to enlightenment.

buddhism.about.com/.../buddhaatheism.htm

• I'm hoping the first one.

• You cease to exist while your body rots.

• I can't speak for all atheists, but I think like with everything else we're just made of energy; the whole universe is energy, and we're a part of it. When we die, we just change form, our 'life' just continues to be part of the universe's 'life' but in another form

• Nothing, we just cease to exist.

What Guys Said 11

• Non existence. The state you were in before you were born.

• Why we feel nothing when we born but feel the worst pain in the world when we are dying?

• Peacefully?
      I've seen people dead in bed and pissed themselves from pain, regardless the look on their face and foam out their mouths

• Sure, some go out in ways that aren't super ideal. Plenty go to sleep and simply never wake up, though. Death from natural causes aren't indicative of a painful way to go. You just... die.

• You return to the carbon cycle and become a tree , a bird , grass , a whale , a dolphin or whatever.

• there is nothing after death

• Just like before you were born. You just don't exist

• I think saying that the end of Hitler is same like the end of a peaceful victim is a mess
    And the world structure is far from being a mess

• You become nothing

• no more existance.

• not existed anymore. that's what they believe will happen.

• 2 not ezist

• Is English your first language?

Anyway, the end is death. Once you're dead that's it for you, you experience nothing else ever again. Pretty obvious...

• There is nothing after death according to common sense and science.

• The world keeps spinning with or without you. There is a lot after death. Your atoms don't cease to exist even from a biochemical standpoint. The law of conservation of mass keeps your in the system, even if your molecules are catabolized...

• @AhGojira Thank you Ct Obvious, everyone knows what I meant. Don't tell me you believe in law of preservation of information too like those crazy ass atheists that can't deal with death?
      Please...