What do you do when your pet misbehaves?

Do you scold your animals? put them outside? no supper? or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• Knocking over and breaking dishes - They get squirted (water bottle, set to 'mist' or a low volume stream).

Being on the counter - All I do is snap my fingers and say "down" in a stern voice. They get down.

Trying to steal food from me- I pick them up, walk away, kiss them, and snuggle them, and set them down. lol, they run away. XD

Fighting - Squirt bottle again (high volume squirt on the butt) and just a stern tone of "NO".

Most Helpful Guy

• I sell her to the local Chinese Restaurant.

What Girls Said 15

• Usually restrain her. Keep her as still as possible for a minimum of 5 minutes, she can't fight back and if she does she'll just be kept still for even longer until she calms down.

Occasionally she gets a pinch if I don't have time to restrain her.
    Although she's very well disciplined now so I barely have to do either anymore.

• I don't see how no supper is going to work. They won't remember what they did wrong by that time... Their memory is so short term.

• Yeah I'm not a sick piece of shit who wouldn't feed their animal because it misbehaves and if I knew anybody who did that... oh boy.

Generally just scold them, it doesn't take much more than that.

• I guess that's why your the Gravy Train, girl. My dog Sadie Mae, the 173lb Bullmastif, is the sweetest, most dedicated gentle dog I ever had. Super easily trained. Wow, I got lucky with her - though she's not the saintliest thing.

• I kind of tell Flopsy off "NO FLOPSY DONT DO THAT" and move his face away from biting my shoes lol (that's when his only naughty)

Bingo? He isn't naughty but when he does I tap his bum, and say "Bingoooooo don't do that!" And he gives me puppy dog eyes and I forgive him haha

• Lol, my pets are rats. So, if they misbehave, I can't do anything to them XD I just say 'nooo' softly. (don't wanna hurt their ears)

If my dog does something bad (like chase a squirrel or try to get in the trash) 'No.' or sometimes I'll sternly say their names.

I would never not feed my dog because he was bad, that's cruel and unusual, he can't reason that that's why he's not eating.

• Rats huh? they get a little playground? ;D

• lol, they run around my room and are VERY naughty and try to climb on my bed (which is forbidden because they pee indiscriminately)

holy cow, holy fuck, spelled indiscriminately right the first time. Oh what a night!!!

• I usually tell him "No! Bad boy" and make him look at the pee spot or something. But that was it. He hasn't done anything bad in recent years, he's 13 now. He's very chill and is well house trained. He doesn't bark hardly ever. He doesn't chew on things ever, except his squeaky toys. He knows not to beg for food, and waits for you to finish. He's a good pup. :)

• My own pets are two goldfish and a hamster so they don't really misbehave :P Uh, for the dogs, we would scold them and put them to bed.

• My cat keep shitting in my freshly dug herb garden, she also keeps bringing me in dead animals and hiding them in the house and the other day she was fell in the pond chasing frogs and got covered in algae... my cat misbehaves all the time but she's an animal, she won't understand being punished and she's just doing what animals do... she also tears up the wallpaper in my rented house, she gets shouted at for that... I'm so going to lose my deposit...

• I just tell her to not do whatever it is and move her away. She's a well-behaved pup, though.

• My pets really don't misbehave. Sometime my cat sneaks outside and then I tell him sternly "no Harry!" but that's about it.

• I don't have a pet.

• Give them a disapproving look and no treats for the day.

• I talk in a low stern voice and say 'no' and pull them away from what they're doing. They learn eventually.

• We usually put them outside. I don't think they really see it as a punishment though, since most of them happen to love outdoors.😂

• I get over it and try not to get mad, since just saying no to a cat doesn't do anything.

• No snacks 💁

What Guys Said 10

• Punish him but then I feel bad bc he's adorable af so I stop lol

• My cats run the house.
    The dogs are forgiven.

• kick his ass and yell at him whenever I catch him in the act if he does it a few times before. also not feeding is fucking stupid

• my dog is good... i cage trained that bitch though...

she knows better.

• Smack them.

• No snacks and he stays in his bed till he learns his lesson

• I send a registered letter, requiring to halt the bad behavior.

• I kick it since my pet is imaginary.

• Send her to her "bad dog corner" She stays for as long as she wants to. It may only be 5 minutes. That's OK because I don't think they have any perception of time. She knows she was bad. If I'm still cleaning up her mess I may tell her NO go back to your bad dog corner.
    Never send them to their bed, as they may feel that's a place of punishment. I want her to enjoy the safety & peace in her bed.

• Beat it till it's dead.