What do you think of Britain's BREXIT victory?

the UK has voted to leave the EU.

I'm German and I'm very happy for the British people for getting their independence, the EU is corrupt and it has failed us all. this is the first time in history that a country has left the EU, the British people have spoken and they do not want to be part of the EU, and I don't blame them!

I hope every country follows! what do you think of the result? The British are finally free from un-elected EU rich politicians and of course the person who has destroyed Europe, Angela Merkel ! :) 🎉🎉

Most Helpful Girl

• The UK has spoken and it has said: Half of us want to stay, half want to go.

Hardly democratic when half a nation is forced to live how the other half want to... a farce or democracy. I'm disappointed and disheartened with so many things about it.

• I thought that too. It's a seismic change for what only a small proportion of the population more want. They showed many soundbites of people who had voted on the news, and most of them could not string a sentence together, least not a sentence that they had not copied from somewhere else.

• "Hardly democratic when half a nation is forced to live how the other half want to... a farce or democracy"

When the decision is a binary in/out one, as the EU currently insists, that's the only way it can be. Just like when the French voted "in" by 50.9% years earlier, the other 49.1% just had to shut up and take it - for now.

We'll end up with something between the Swiss and Canadian solution: trade with them, but also have free trade agreements outside the EU (which we aren't permitted as EU subject states) and probably our own immigration policies too. We might have to keep paying them some cash (like the Swiss do), or take a harder line and control our own borders without paying them (like Canada). If we can negotiate good trade terms with outside countries first, the EU has less of a hold over us when we talk to them.

• Thanks for mho :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Those old people thought it was about immigration.
    Look what the EU immigration is , compared to Commonwealth immigration: en.wikipedia.org/.../Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

You've been fooled :D :D :D

• We have more immigration from outside the EU than in, have done every year for god knows how long, but there's no telling some people. Same as the NHS debate. Immigrants make up 5% of the population, but only use 0.7 - 1.5% of the NHS funds... their claim that 600,000 immigrants are out of work is also so misleading. There is an enormous number of immigrants who aren't working but are not claiming any benefit, but because they aren't drawing an income they are classed as "unemployed" and assumed to be claiming benefits... so much twisting of truths... makes your head hurt.

• The same will happen concerning the Brexit, like it happened in the US concerning the $7 trillion wars, without Chilcot report.
      People don't want to aknowledge their past bad decisions because that would be painful.
      Lets take for the next bad decision we'll all be cheering for! :/

• Error , (using my tablet)
      *Lets take the next bad decision we'll all be cheering for! :)

What Girls Said 28

• Pound has already dropped below Euro... Great. Confuckingratulations.

Im worried for Britain's future and especially my generation that has to go through the whole shit despite majority of them wanting to remain, but older people voted leave, and they are barely even going to see the effects of leaving the EU. And sad part is, most voted leave because of immigration. Sorry if being a European immigrant in your country is such a fucking bother to you guys. 🙄

And also blaming Angela Merkel for everything is a really dumb thing to do.

• How old people have screwed over the younger generation: indy100.independent.co.uk/.../how-old-people-have-screwed-over-the-younger-generationin-three-charts--W1AA_n4nEb

From now on they'll blame the E. U. even more.
      The EU, the Muslims, the Africans, the Scots, the Welsh, the French, the unions, Labour, Merkel, Putin, pick your choice.
      They'll blame everyone but THEMSELVES.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/30663557.jpg

• the pound will go up again, im glad we left stop bitching.

• The pound dropping is actually good for exports. It's as low as it was in February currently (I trade in currency) so it's not the end of the world.

Young people didn't turn out on the day. Something like 30% of us did. That's the way it works. No vote, no voice.

• Right decision. Eu doesn't play fair with all its members.

• Great decision indeed, the pound hasn't been this low since 1985 and it's still plummeting. People are already losing their jobs, London is losing its importance in the finance sector & the next prime minister is probably gonna be a UKIP representative. But oh well, that's what happens when you let old people decide about the future of their children.

• Wow this is some great short term thinking. the next prime minister will not be UKIP and the elderly are the ones who have witnessed the EU from the start have experience in what it's done and have a right to what they think will affect the country they live in.

• I hope not, if anything i just wish Jeremy would step up but I know it's not possible as we have a Tory government.

• They are all senile.

• I think it's dreadful. I voted remain.

The time to leave was 40 years ago. We never should have joined or should have left within a few years. We're in too deep and already Nigel Farage is blushing and saying all the £350 billion from EU going to the NHS isn't going to.

It was going to be bollocks either way.

• True plus Scotland and Northern Ireland may leave us, we are actually fucked.

• I've sent you a follow request, I'd like to speak to you a little more about options, not just for me but discussing my experience as an apprentice and I can give you a bit of advice and what to expect and wage etc etc. Also, I would prefer the businesses not to be displayed publicly :)

• Yeah sure, i'll just private message you.

• Yes, I'm happy for the UK as well. The EU has failed. It's failed largely because of the inherent tensions that were present at its conception. Marrying so many disparate nations so closely together was bound to entail odious compromises that some eventually found too difficult to swallow. The British finally had more than they could bear, so they made the only choice they could to move forward.

• Lol good luck with that mates.

• I'm sad that we are leaving the EU, but I'm more worried about the racist mindsets the whole thing seems to have vindicated.
    You guys need to understand, the average Brit that voted has no clue about the pros and cons of the EU, other than what's been spat at them through propaganda.
    For a lot of people it was just about immigration, and now we have voted leave, they seem to think no one has the right to be here unless they are white and British.
    People in the streets are being heckled and told to leave because "We've got our country back." Disgusting.

• Other countries now have already Given a New name in Regards to their Own... Every country is going to Follow.
    The USA's Dow is falling Drastically, but that was No surprise Anyways... It was bound to Happen, With or Without the EU.
    Good luck and Good Going for Standing up for What you All Believe in and Want to Achieve in. xx

• This decision is terrible. I'm frankly ashamed, we got a lot more out of the EU than we put in and this decision has ruined our economy and jepordized our entire future.

• not true. the uk put twice as much as what it got out of the eu.

• I have read your points and refutes them with ease

• I didn't just vote on immigration, but many other issues, including the unelected European Commision and the EU finances that have NEVER been audited, not ever. (Or something like that)

• I'm not British or European, so, I have so little knowledge on this, I can only hope to hear what my favorite vloggers have to say and get a little more informed from actual citizens. Surface level thought-damn, my cross Europe adventure just got harder.

I think the decision is going to be hard because it was so close and the change is incredible.

• "Surface level thought-damn, my cross Europe adventure just got harder."

Nope. First, nothing has actually changed yet legally, apart from exchange rates varying a bit; the UK was never part of the Schengen agreement (which is what lets you get a visa to fly to France, then travel into Germany on the same visa) - the UK and Ireland have always been separate from the EU for those purposes anyway.

In 2+ years' time, it *might* mean more customs/security/immigration checks when you cross that border, but nothing significant; even EU nationals still have to provide a passport number in advance, then go through passport control, when flying between them.

It'll be another two years before we even know what the EU is proposing to change as a result, though I'm hoping we reach outside trade deals in advance of that date (they can't take effect until after we're officially released from EU restrictions, but can be agreed and signed before then).

• @JamesS1980 I had no idea it wasn't as easy as vloggers made it seem. :/ bummer. I heard about the two years.

• Logical move.

• Bad move. Sorry but who will work for paying your elderly's pension system if not immigrants? Your aging population? Or in other words your population who reproduce? This is just some racist bs against immigrants western world created in the beginning...

• It's not racist, I was kinda in between when I was thinking about it, I couldn't vote anyway. People in the UK wanted better control of their borders for a long time and the government ignored this issue. It was a way for them to get what they wanted and they did so. We aren't anti immigrant's at all, we just want tighter control for us so we don't end up over populated or anything. I'm really worried about our economy but we did see the pound ride by 7% from the 10% loss last night so that'd a good sign. It's just a waiting game.

• Yeah, most of the people who voted remain were old people which i didn't think was very fair.

• Turkeys who voted for Christmas. Don't bite the hand that feeds. The elderly are going to suffer the most and rightfully so. Who do they think is going to subsidize their free prescriptions, TV licences, bus passes and winter fuel allowances now we are out of the EU. Their reasons for leaving were not valid.

• Did Britain leave the EU or only the economical union, the euro? Many Greeks contemplate leaving, but our economy isn't that strong, unlike Britain

• I'm dissapointed but meh, nothing I can do now but just deal with it.

• I'm happy for them too. They got what they wished for

• very bad move. it was doing fine in the EU and now its going to fall and have to build itself back up again. they've already lost billions of pounds, lost trade with japan, stocks have crashed and the cost of living will rise.

• Tbh I don't know what is going on

• Buut, Germany supports Merkel. They vote for her, they support all of her laws and anyone who opposes her gets called a nationalist. My family hates her and the state of germany.

• yes we many Germans hate her, she is vile and has destroyed Europe.

• The germans as a whole no. Someone voted for her to stay in office. I know it wasn't my oma or other family. All the protest in germany against merkel where called extremist, racist and nationalist. Opposing protesters would show up

• I'm pissed off, because we're basically screwed. People voted to leave for the wrong reasons and the value of the £ dropped within an hour of the results...

• that's gonna have a negative effect on the British economy

• Your only 15 and yet you display greater levels of intellect then all of those Leave voters. Especially so called educated and wise senior citizens.

• Even though I live in the states I have to say this is truly insperational

• I wish them great success and luck.

• I honestly don't know much about the situation but I do think that it messed with the stock market

• Yeah it has, hopeeuflly everything calms down. The pound has improved a little since the vote.

• @jacquesvol yes the leave lot are only interested in making money and taking away workers rights.

• @uknaked that's good Tory sportmanship.

• As an English Remain voter, I think we're pretty screwed. The pound has taken a nose dive, my generation (who voted overwhelmingly to remain) are being denied the right to move freely and work in other European countries, our trading is a mess now, and we're likely going to end up with an even worse right wing nutter for prime minister By October than we currently have. Ireland are making a bid to reunify with Northern Ireland, who voted remain as a country. Scotland are heading for a second independence referendum having also voted remain, and I don't blame them at all but my boyfriend lives there and I really want to move up there before they leave the UK :/. Spain are now trying to reclaim Gibraltar. This vote has hugely fuelled racism and xenophobia. I agree that the EU is corrupt and undemocratic, but so is our national government, and i'd far rather be led by the EU politicians I didn't elect than this goverment who I didn't elect tbh. I can only hope that the current coup in the Labour party against Jeremy Corbyn fails because he's pretty much the only hope for this country at this point; i'm clinging to the idea that if a snap general election happens now he can beat the tories while they're weak and divided.

• Job lossses and higher cost of living follow. Higher cost of imports and exports through the EU. Tariffs will be imposed on anything we will import or export.

• @bobbyxx "Higher cost of imports and exports through the EU. Tariffs will be imposed on anything we will import or export."

WTO rules cap the tariffs the EU can impose on us anyway (a maximum of about 5%) - and trade balance means that a 5% tariff on UK-EU trade would actually pay the UK money overall, at the EU's expense, not the other way round.

More importantly, we'd also be free to sign free trade agreements with Canada, Australia and others. Even with EU tariffs forced on us, much of our trade is outside the EU (and the balance was already shifting further in that direction, as the EU economy stagnates) - sign some decent trade deals like other countries do, that will increase and we'll benefit further as a result.

• I'm Irish and think the Brits have made a stupid mistake and have destroyed both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and only wanted to leave the EU is so that they have manged to keep the immigrated out

• I agree it was a bad decision but it wasn't just because of immigration. Most people who are complaint about this are saying it was immigration but that was just 1 factor. Anyway, what's done is done.

• Yes it was Nigel farage's fault

• Yeah, now we need to work together to get through thi's.

• Worries me alittle bit because we don't know exactly what this will effect yet and how bad this could possibly get...

• A lot of people did protest votes and now regret it. There is a petition for another referendum that reached over a million signatures in just 1 day.

• I voted remain and I signed that petition.

• @bobbyxx The petition was flooded with obviously invalid signatures (many thousands of them coming from a single place with a population of 800), rendering it meaningless - not that it had any legal standing anyway.

Anyway, suppose we had a second referendum, and it came out 52-48 the other way? Is that somehow more legitimate than the first? Or do we get a third referendum as a tie-breaker?

The French stayed IN the EU on the basis of a vote of just 50.9% - it's extremely disingenuous to demand more than that for the vote to be acceptable the other way. There's no excuse at all for preferring the wishes of the 48% over the 52% - and remember, this vote is one of the most legitimate we've had in years, far more support than either party ever had for forming a government and implementing parts of the EU agenda.

• That's cool I can go to Britain now and buy a lot of things since my money is higher than the Livre sterling now
    That's a good things for me.
    Plus like this maybe the other country will get out of this UE. I think Denmark is the next to get out and all the scandinavian country.
    I hope my country get out too but I think he'll be the last to leave UE.

• The pound is still stronger than the dollar lol. By about 37 cents.

• Yes it's at its lowest point but it's still stronger than the euro

• The euro has got a little stronger from this but the pound is still stronger than the euro.

What Guys Said 45

• I'm glad for it.
    The UK has a bumpy road ahead of it. Any massive change like this, no matter how needed, will ALWAYS be fraught with bumps, issues, challenges, and problems.
    But I see Brexit as a long, winding, bumpy road... that will actually lead somewhere, and at least gives control over their nation, culture, identity, and laws, back to themselves.
    I see the EU as being a straight, smooth, easy, even pleasant road, that is heading straight for a cliff. And the fork that the UK took to leave that road is one of the last forks in that road.
    Above and beyond the crooked, corrupt, and anti-democratic nature of the EU in and of itself, and its aims to homogenize Europe and eliminate any sense of native culture or national identity, there is the simple fact that the path the EU is heading down can only end in disaster.

Despite doing their best to explain how the EU has benefited the UK, and despite their best to promote the most egregious fear-mongering I have ever seen, the people of the UK still came out and voted for this to happen. Even if by a narrow vote. And while the UK was 1 of 17 EU nation states, it was 1/6 the EU economy. The EU will suffer for losing the UK more than the UK will suffer for leaving the EU.
    I hope this spurs more nations to consider leaving, while they can.

Lastly? I can not help but to mock the pathetic Scottish. Not that I have any real problem with the Scots, but they were going for independence from the UK themselves, recently. I can not help but assume it is either a very contrarian mindset, or a pathetically vindictive one, that would push for them to leave the UK, but while part of the UK, vote for it to be stuck remaining in the EU.
    The Scots, who don't want to be part of the UK anyways, voted as probably the largest single block for the remain campaign. I can not help but assume that that was more about trying to screw over the UK who didn't let them leave than it was about any desire to see the EU remain whole.

• "The Scots, who don't want to be part of the UK anyways, voted as probably the largest single block for the remain campaign"

Amusingly, the SNP also provided the largest block in the LEAVE vote in Scotland! For all the whining, Scotland was split 60-40 on EU membership - Sturgeon may come to regret ignoring that 36% of her own party's voters voted Leave this week. Not quite as homogenous as she'd like to think!

• As an American who loves the UK (our mother country!) and the British people, I congratulate the British for voting to take back their full sovereignty as a country so they can determine what kind of country they want to have. And that includes taking back control over their own borders and getting to choose whom to admit into their country (instead of being dictated to by bureaucrats in Brussels). God bless the Brits!!!

• Excellent result, so happy not just for England, but the whole world.

Hopefully this will mark the beginning of the end for the EU and a turn away from globalization, a step forward to a world where nations handle their own affairs and only as sit others under their own free will rather than with a gun to their head.

There will be some short-term economic difficulties but these will pass fairly quickly as everybody adjusts, and England will come out much stronger for it on the back end.

Hopefully Germany will follow suit next or at least very soon, that would deliver a certain and well-deserved death blow to the EU. Once that happens we can work on dismantling the UN and stop this insane imperial march toward a single world government where individual nations have no power over their own affairs.

• It's comical to watch all the effete hipster liberals twist in the wind over this. It's like they've forgotten that the UK and England thrived for millennia before the EU was ever shat into existence by the robber barons and neutered urban class.

The UK will be fine, and I think they'll be better off plotting their own course free from all those constipated school marms in Brussels. I'm just glad to see that there are still Britons with balls, that they aren't the scared little pussies I'd come to think you all were.

• BRILLIANT!!! Hopefully the Dutch will follow, as well as the Austrians and the Swedish and the Italians!

• You know it was a bad decision when this thing is happy

indy100.independent.co.uk/image/26809-1ko0x2j.jpg

*puts tin foil hat on* Its an alien in human disguise whos purpose is to divide people so that we dont stand a chance against an alien invasion.

• Yep, still yet to explain were this £350 million is, and now says the country will go into recession. I reckon it will now retire to some EU country.

• I'm from the UK, and I was very delighted when I woke up to the result this morning. :) I can definitely see other countries leaving the EU as well pretty soon, now that the UK has done so.

• yes exactly, I did hear that the Pound has fallen after the news, but I'm sure GB will carry on and get back on its feet :)

• England is convinced that it is special, somehow better than everyone else (this is called exceptionalism), and now they are going to have demonstrate this. I say England, because Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and are now calling for another referendum of their own to leave the UK and become independent (and part of the EU!). Wales isn't ready to stand on its own, yet.

• Scotland can do whatever they want honestly I wish they voted for independence our political views appear to be very different.

• It is yet to be seen how much of a victory this actually is. I suppose only time can tell.

• I'm very happy. Hopefully the rest of Europe follow, Germany especially.

• This is what happens when you leave a bunch of peasants vote about crucial things they don't know a thing about.
    Yay democracy.

And of course then they are going to blame the government when everything will go up in flames like Hindenburg.

• You are the most pretentious cunt ever to call over half of the British population retarded peasants is just so dumb I can't believe this is coming from a slav.

• Yeah ok they are the ones who have experienced the EU and do what they think is right for their country they have a say and if they voted differently none of you cunts would say differently also I'm very glad they decided it over this ultra liberal retards that are all over twitter and complaining about how they're fucked and it's so racist honestly those people are a thousand times stupider and this vote shows it. Fuck the EU.

• @Josht13 yes the people who one day afterwards started searching "what is the EU" in Google must have made some very informed decision

• What do I think?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,$$$$$$$$
    ,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
    ,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
    ,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
    ,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
    ,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
    ,,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,$$$$
    ,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
    ,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
    ,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
    ,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$

• Absolute crap, the EU is democratic, the commission do not make decisions unless they have been given competence to do so by member states, decisions are made by elected representatives of the Council of Europe, and the elected Members of the European Parliament.
    The leave lot lied to the British public and too many swallowed their lies.

• im happy we have left, we no longer need to give 350 mil per week and we can be independent and make our own rules

• Yeah good luck. The British pounds tanked to the bottom. It shows an extremely strong confidence in the British economy by investors.

• i think the eu is "ok" in some regards... thanks to them we don´t get that GMO contaminated shit from the USA here! also we don´t have war among the countries inside the eu, which is a great achievement in my opinion...

but i understand being in the eu sucks for the rich countries. it´s only profitable on a financial level, if your economy sucks, cause you get more out of it than you contribute to it.

• Well It's great news to me, no longer governed by bullshit laws with terrible immigration (which is fucking Germany) although we aren't out yet and the next government after cameron resigns doesn't even have to leave I actually don't know if we'll leave in the long run.

• Seems logical. Sure is fucking up the markets tho.

• Since I live in Brazil I'm just chilling and watching History be written.

• I have no clue how i feel about this, before i was for leave but i couldn't vote anyway but now i think we made the wrong decision. Scotland is thinking of leaving the UK and joining the EU if they work out terms and Northern Ireland might leave too, we are fucked if leaving didn't pay off.

• It's bad from my perspective. Bad for Europe territory interests.

• I'm not educated enough about it to give an opinion on long-term implications, but in the near term, its gonna be a struggle. Although the EU was not ideal, there were tremendous economic benefits that came from having open borders and free trade that will likely reduce the ability of British companies to compete at a larger scale unless the appropriate trade agreements are put in place during the coming transition.

• The only people this benefits are the russians,
    The Brits may well have started the collapse of the EU, and that is just what putin wants

• I'm overjoyed. I hope the rest of the EU nations secede, too, so that the EU can collapse once and for all.

• I'm dubious of the intentions behind the decision. But I do know that the EU isn't exactly a corrupt-free organization.

• Well I have a feeling this is a markstone in history. Just not sure what the result will be.

• i think the EU is a very clever way of leaders basically stealing there publics money and sending it brussels where its not accounted for

• its great for the uk for sure.

• Interviewed Dutch politicians don't see any need for a Dutch referendum. No of course not. They are scared shitless Dutch people vote for an exit too.

• Im also german and im sooo jealous on the brits right now... i hope they do well after their courageous decision. And maybe some other countries do the same soon, so that whole anti-democratic monster called EU get destroyed.

• More from Guys
    15