Why do women care so much about what a guy does for a living and how much money he makes?

A guy can instantly become 10x more attractive to a woman once she finds out he's got a nice job and makes good money. Most men couldn't care less about what kind of job a girl has or how much money she makes. It's like the first or second question all women ask. Of all the questions in the world to ask the opposite sex they ask what you do for a living. It's kind of disheartening to think that is the question women always ask right away.

I mean I can understand they don't wanna date a hobo but still. When I'm hanging out with some friends of mine they are always like.. "He's a lawyer and omg he is soo hot." I'm just like "go fu** the guy then and ask him to explain Marbury vs. Madison or something cause thats all it seems like your interested in."

To me it seems like these days people are more interested in the idea of a person than the actual person. They think if they are with this type of person they will have this lifestyle with kids and a nice house or something.

women say that they don't care if a guy is wealthy because they really care about personality, etc... but I don't believe that. My friend is an artist who does not make a lot of money. However, he takes care of himself and he's tall, in shape and attractive (semi homo) The problem is once women find out his income, they bolt. Meanwhile, I have another buddy who is short and fat but he makes $350,000/year as a corporate attorney and the women fight over getting the chance to date him. What is up with the hypocrisy? Why don't women just admit it is all about the money, power and lifestyle a guy has? I know men go for looks but women go for looks plus all the other stuff I mentioned.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like knowing what a guy does for a living. I do not want to know his income. I just find it interesting, since there are so many careers and jobs out there. Oh, you are a refrigerator and a/c mechanic? That's cool, that means you are handy and can fix things! Oh you are an assistant manager at a grocery store? That's cool, sounds like you are very communicative and have good people skills.

Something like that. I make my own money and have been supporting myself and my own home for a bit now. I pay my own way on dates, my car, and all that. I do not care what the guy does for a living, just so long as he is doing something with his life. A lazy bum is very unattractive to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't stress this enough, there are two types of women. Immature women and mature. A mature women really don't want your money but rather has to know are you going to provide for her young for the future. Immature women still thinks as if she's a princess or entitled or don't have her priorities straight and lacks sence. The ones that use guys for there money don't have there priority straight, they have no end goal, and so on. Though I do agree. It is what it is.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys are supposed to be the supporters. And women look for security in men. Being able to support someone gives them a sense of security.

• thats nice but if the economy is shit and we dont have security for ourselves then how can you expect to provide it for other people? that makes no sense.

• thats why some men choose to opt out of marriage, economic instability kills marriages.

• @anonman32 I'm not saying that's not true.
      I personally want to be a house wife/mom, so a supporting husband is important to me. I would be doing surf lessons on the side for a little money and for fun.

• men want pretty girls
    and girls want guys with money
    i think it's fair

• At least you admit it.

• But women want attractive men too
      You act like wanting a good looking partner is a gendered trait

Women are just willing to lower their physical standards as the man's money rises

• @Kylesar a women is ok to date a 5 / 6 guys when a guys only want 9 / 10 girls

What Guys Said 5

• Because that's what a man is worth to a woman.

Did you know that feminists are now complaining that they can't "marry up" because there are 50% more women than men getting college degrees? So much for equal rights and "not needing no man!".

• It's called being a sugar daddy. There are quality women out there. Your just looking in all the wrong places.

• in Belgium incomes are private and almost never do people talk about it in the open.

• I personally can't wait for the collapse of society. All the selfish, materialistic gold digging women will be at the bottom of the totem pole.

• WOmen are born material. Why do you think depression is so high in the world and society is kinda going South. WOMEN played with nature and now its going to bite them and there are going to be no men to save those little P&*sy cries.

I actually used to test women and would act really poor and would you believe it, most of those relationships lasted a few week to months. Once women find a better "bank" they are out the door. Honestly women are just good for f*&^king and that's it

• B-but... Dude... I.. Pst thats... Auuuuuu... Damn good point. I give up.

• @Junlian "Honestly women are just good for f*&^king and that's it"

Das it mane. Das it.

• True, tried asking this girl on this site if guys have to be chilvarist, a gentleman, good guy and etc then what do ladies do? Guys got so much rules like opening the door, pulling out there chair, letting them go first... What do girls have to do... Sit lady like... Bitch about shit and get rewarded by white knight manginas. It's really gotten the point that after I said besides sex what do girls do that presented as being a good woman. She told me that I was unfair to say that and couldn't answer the question. Man..