If you found out your friend was racist would you still be friends with them?

Let's say you we're friends a long time then all of a sudden they say some racist things. Would you stay friends?

Updates:
Inter

0|0
14|18

Most Helpful Girl

• I have friends with racist views towards white people, but they aren't unwarranted. They're older and grew up in the age where white people thought they were better than blacks and some of those white people still think that way. It really depends on the person and the situation. People who are racist just because they feel like it, no, I would not be their friend. But people who were mistreated by another race because they were different, I can be a bit more understanding.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends what was said, why, and in what context.
    People are so eager to jump on anything anyone says and label it racist, without considering why it was said, whether it was just a joke... or sometimes, even if it is or isn't true.
    It has gotten to the point where people call everything racist to such a degree that the word barely means anything anymore.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah. But I call them out on it and don't participate in their crap. One of my best friends was mixed and could not stand a hispanic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. I guess as long as they kept that shit under control.

I think the real question is would they want to stay friends with me?

0|0
    0|0
  • NOPE!

0|0
    0|0
  • Realistically, I wouldn't.

However, I'll try to figure out why she/he became like that because I value friendship.

But all in all, I wouldn't associate myself with someone close minded like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • then i'd have a racist friend, i'd say something about it if it were assholey

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend wouldn't be racist.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, I would fade away

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd distance myself from them if they were being serious. I don't deal with racists.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut them off immediately. I have no tolerance for disrespect.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I've had one or two like that. I try to discuss with them rationally, but when their veiws stay the same I can't bear to be around them hearing them spout that nonsense so I end up distancing myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a minority, I would not

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• It might be a bit awkward being as my wife is black.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Some things I can look past, but being a flat out racist is too much for me to look past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    As long as they aren't all extreme about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • no way!

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah probably not
    I would try and straighten them out but if there's one thing i can't stand its racism
    Dont under stand how people can be so arrogant and ignorant

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually. I would be more shocked to find out i had friends

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't befriend a racist, but i wouldn't abandon a racist friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are racist through no falt of there own for example some people might be racist because thiere parents are like that or through events that may have occurred. so think about that before throwing judgment

0|0
    0|0
  • How racist? KKK potential?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah dont giv a crap

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a complete deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, nearly everyone I have ever encountered around the world has said racist things, in either a serious or joking manner. If you choose not to, you may end up being a lonely mf.

0|0
    0|0