Canadian GaG'ers... how good do you feel to be Canadian these days?

America turning into a total mess, EU collapsing, radical jihadis infesting the middle east, south America (Venuzuela and Brazil) in flames...

Feels good to be Canadian

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not Canadian, but I am a cinephile, and also autistic with an encyclopaedic knowledge of actors. Let me just say some of the most tremendous actors are Canadian. Best of all Barry Pepper and Ryan Gosling. Both ace.

And then Dan Aykroyd, Seth Rogen who I think is a very good comedian, Donald Sutherland, Christopher Plummer, Mike Myers, Will Arnett, Jay Baruchel, Rick Moranis, Taylor Kitsch, Evangeline Lilly, William Mapother, Tom Sizemore, Carrie-Anne Moss, Kim Coates, Hume Cronyn, Phil Hartman.

Actually that aside it is also my number one country to live in. It was when I was a kid, then I fell in love with Australia. I love hot weather that's the only down side to Canada for me.

Australia lost the number one spot recently anyway when I learnt that immigration disallows people with autistic children to emigrate to Australia on the basis that autistic children are considered of unsatisfactory health (they word it slightly differently in a way I don't precisely recall but that's the sentiment). Daryl Hannah and Paddy Considine are both autistic, and a little known very well kept secret is that Lionel Messi was diagnosed with autism as a child.. which made me so tremendously happy when I discovered this. Plenty others who are suspected to be either undiagnosed or diagnosed but exercising their right to not disclose it just because they're famous too.

It's not just anyone emigrating to Australia either. I actually read accounts of people who had been born in Australia, and were trying to return now with an autistic child - not allowed. In one case the autistic child had been born in Australia, the family spent some years out of the country during which time the child was diagnosed (this, partnered with the general attitude to autism, makes me think that they may well be very narrow minded, behind the times with autism and not very efficient in diagnosing it which believe me is essential). This family was not allowed to return to live in Australia, because their Australian born child had been diagnosed with autism while away.

So yeah, Canada wins. It really is such a wonderful country.

• Yeah Australia is pretty solid too. They are quite similar to us, and they have their own little segregated part of the world away from all the chaos

What Girls Said 10

• I have always been proud and happy to be Canadian. I'm so glad that I won't have a corn cob for a leader.

• -.- Boo you Canadians lol Jk what i really meant to say was *damn you lucky bastard* lol

• ahahahha right?

• I have 3 questions:
    - Is the cost of living really as high as they say over there?
    - Would I be safe coming from a country where 20° C is considered cold weather?
    - Do you guys put pineapple on pizza like Americans do? Please choose your words carefully when you answer this last question.

• hah. alrighty lemme see..

- The cost of living in Canada is higher than it is in the USA, but lower than it is in western Europe. Europeans pay an arm and a leg for a lot of goods partly because oil is quite pricy there, and the vast amount of regulations.

- you'd be safe during the summer and perhaps spring. Autumn and especially winter may not be to your liking lol. It takes some getting use to. But if my black ass can take it, you certainly can :)

- We absolutely love pineapple on pizza! I get it all the time myself

• Not much, I have like 100 unread message that really make me wanna delete the app, but I can make an exception for yaaa

• d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw <3

• Dammit, makes me wanna join u to get some of that mighty maple syrup!

• Yeah but at the end of the day you have to check Canadian in the nationality box. I think that would either upset me or just bore me.

• Ok im comin

Jk

• but it's cold there so... u tried :P

• hey! we get a taste of pretty much all weather. A few summers ago, it got so hot that the government had to call out the red cross to distribute water to people. You'll literally get all the weather you want to experience

• nah, we just eat the moose here. They go down well with barbecue sauce

• Yeah kinda agree with you. America is kinda... well... we have trump...

• I live in America. I was thinking of moving out of the country.
    What would be the best place?
    Politics here SUCK!

What Guys Said 13

• "EU is collapsing" --> Please don't confuse the EU with Europe though because they're not the same. The EU is an economic union... and that's it. Just because the EU is struggling doesn't mean all of Europe is going down the drain. For Britain, the exit out of the EU will turn out to be a very bad decision but over all, there are still many countries in Europe (both EU-members and non-EU-members) who are doing just fine economically. Besides, economics isn't everything.
    I don't have anything against Canada, I'm just sayin'.

• I would move to Canada lol. Probably where no one lives tho. I like the wilderness

• As a Canadian who returned home from the UK four years ago, I am extremely glad to be home, yes. I worry for my friends back there, but at the same time, I was watching the riots in 2011 while at work and fearing my journey home because of reports in my local area of similar outbreaks of violence.

Plus I had an Ice Capp this afternoon and I just opened a can of Molson, it's alllll good.

• aw yeah. Tim Hortons is life dude

• The Creamy Chocolate Chill is the greatest thing they've ever done. Really.

Last summer, we were out camping a lot and so Timmies was a taste of civilization after hot dogs, cole slaw, and other camping food. Being able to experience air conditioning, a proper toilet, wifi, and... a freshly made Jalapeno Jack chicken sandwich. God, that fucking sandwich. I wish they still did them. Living out of a cooler for the best part of a week, I wanted to cry when I bit into it.

• 0|1
  • We live in an interconnected world sir. We go down, we're dragging your aloof Canadian arse with us!

• i would have to disagree about being Canadian because the whole world depends on the united states while Canada not so much. the united states is a powerful country

• Not Canadian, but Trudeau is off his fucking rocker.

• lol. he's barely done anything yet... except manage a giant forest fire we had near our oil fields recently which he actually did a good job handling

• @LaVilaine Exactly. If Obama and his government really wanted to offer help to Alberta they would approve Keystone.

• @LaVilaine no, HE refused the help. Look it up. It's in the source provided.

But I like y'all went from saying "Trudeau did a good job with the fire!" to "Trudeau is just a mouthpiece, he had nothing to do with the fire!".

Stop dodging the issue. He was offered help. For no cost. He refused even though Canada needed it (as proven by how they imported firefighters from SOUTH AFRICA).

• Your trying to tell me that the U. K's withdrawl is going to have ZERO effect on a commonwealth country,
    Keep on dreaming

• That has to be at least 85% of y'all's economy tied up into all of that

• Also, isn't Canada a British commonwealth?

• I figured, but ya never know... How the tides havs turned 😂. (Me) the one who never takes questions seriously on here answers a question seriously. Now that's irony 😂😂😂

• haha, its all good man :D

• I'm not Canadian but i have to say the EU is absolutely fucked if someone else leaves, it's so crucial they do not leave or else it will collapse.

• from what i'm seeing, the sentiment towards leaving the EU is already growing now that Britain has paved the way. Not looking good for you guys..

• It's recoverable for the EU still if no one else leaves, France, Italy and The Netherlands all want to leave

• But I think there is Muslims in Canada

• ''EU collapsing'' still better than africa.

• lmaooo u think africa has one economy?

• @chintita it was sarcasm.

• I think the whole world is in a mess tbh