My bird flew away? Is there anyway I can catch it?

It was a parakeet. ): RIP.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tempt it with food, if you know where it is.

• .. or buy the other gender parakeet and tempt it with that..

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a chance that he will still come back in the morning.

You will not hear him after dark, as he most likely found a place to sleep for the night.

If you have a second cage, put it next to the first cage, add food and leave the door open. If he's hungry, he should go inside the cage to eat. When he does, all you have to do is close the door.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 14

• Unless it flew to a nearby branch and you got it right away, it is gone. And tame birds do not know how to live in the wild and find seed to eat. It is probably dead now. Sorry

• I don't think so, if u dont go outside and see the bird right away the bird is gone. :-/

This is why it is recommended to clip the pet bird's wings.

• My parakeet Bobo flew away once, but he has returned after only few days.

• At this point all's you can do is search close to your house for it, put up lost signs with it's picture and try and catch it with food placed in a cage.

• Food in cage with a trap that catches them alive

• I'll catch it. I can reach the sky for you

• Sometimes they find there way to bird feeders. People might see your bird or be able to lure it in an open window with food. Put up flyers and keep and eye out of the bird comes back to where you live.

• probably not

• That also happened some years ago...
    Never came back...

• Sorry dear

• Noooooo how'd that happen apple?

• Yeah unless it goes outside and didn't come back after any hour then no it's gone

• Buy a new one

• No. If I find it I'll shoot it and eat it.

What Girls Said 9

• The only way to possibly catch it is to wander looking for it, call for it, and tempt it with food. Or you can post signs. But unfortunately it probably won't make it on its own for very long.

• You should place some bird feed outside in your yard and its cage in a tree.

Also, how did it fly away (straight away or in a nearby tree?)

• Unless it's close by, he or she is probably gone. I'm sorry to say that.

• You can put out a lost bird flyer. Its happened around here before, they fly to someone's house and then people see it in their tree and since it's exotic assume it's a pet that's gotten loose and fretting.

• Aww I'm so sorry, see if you can bait it with some food or hire someone who knows how to catch birds. And make "missing parakeet" posters.

• Did it get outside?

• Oh no :( maybe it'll find its way back

• Well, it's not RIP if it's not dead lol

• buy a new. I don't think you can catch it