What are some strange habits you have or things you do?

I was just thinking today, I have some weird habits-

- Imagining I'm the one singing the song when I'm listening to music and pretending a group of people I know or a specific person is watching me sing (E. g, old classmates hearing me do an a cool rap while I'm dressed in cool clothes, boyfriend watching me play piano and singing a love song while I'm wearing my favourite dress etc.).

- Pretending I'm making a youtube video or talking to someone about a topic in my head in specific detail while I'm outside walking or in the bath (in the past I have walked up and down the garden path, daydreaming for 4 hours straight).

- Also looking in the mirror and miming the words when listening to certain songs or watching a clip of something I like, pretending to be one of the characters.

- Playing with my hair/scratching my head when I'm bored or nervous

- Messaging myself on Facebook or texting myself when I need/want to remember something

I know there are much more things too, what are some of your strange habits or weird things you do? And do you do any of these things?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do this thing where I push the lock button on my keys obsessively until I hear it beep like 3 times so I have supreme confirmation that my car is, indeed locked

• i do the same, lmfao not so strange

• @chintita @akadatank44 Lmao okay cool

• Omg my sister does that with light switches like 3-6 times everytime lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg

I create youtube videos aloud (no camera around) too. Lol, thought I was crazy XD Wait, you don't do it aloud. Noooo

I act on scenes to my favorite movies in the bathroom ALL the time.

Apply pressure/numbers/chews equally. Like, if I do something on one side of my mouth-I have to do it on the next and then back and forth until the spirit doesn't move me anymore.

I do this weird opening of my throat before I eat food sometimes.

Chew the hell out of my inner cheek.

Guys, I'm just fucking crazy.

What Guys Said 13

• I have a few lol.

I think out loud, it helps me to figure stuff out easier if I can hear myself saying what I think lol, I know weird but it works.

I hum tunes when I work outside and stuff, something I picked up working along side my grandfather.

when I get bored, nervous or really just about anything I'll start tapping my fingers and before to long I'll start tapping to tunes or songs and it's like I'm playing the piano on one hand or something lol.

• 1) The same thing you do, when listening to music, the imagining
    2) Dancing while brushing my teeth?
    3) Playing with my necklace when doing nothing
    4) Speaking English to the people here, when the mother tongue isn't English
    5) Getting into character when I'm playing a game

• I log onto GaG once a day.

• Laugh at my own texts and comments on here
    Talk to myself
    Talk to my dog

• -Shaking one or both of my legs whenever i sit
    -bring toothpick everywhere
    - walk too fast

• damn, i thought i was the only person in the world who made youtube videos in my brain. i also do it in the bath and i also daydream for hours.

• I yell out expletives and it gets on my mom's nerves. I also sing A LOT, I talk A LOT, I'm loud when I talk A LOT, I play my guitar, I love to share things with others, and I love my relationship with Jesus!

• I go down on myself every night.

• I eat my peanut butter on toast.

• Lmaoo weirdo

• I always pee while sitting on the toilet. No need to risk the mess.

• Sometimes I pretend I'm a wizard

• chewing on socks

What Girls Said 14

• -I stare at people's shoulders when they walk to see if they swagger them, because I love shoulder swaggers, especially guys's
    -Eating food off the floor-like a five second rule-makes me feel empowered
    -I shower without a curtain, sleep with a night light, and can't sleep with any open doors around because I have this irrational fear of demons and ghosts lurking in those places
    -I eat my gummi candy inside out, like I chomp off the head, suck out the goo and then chew the coating
    -I wear ear plugs whenever outdoors, because the bumbling of bees or flying insects makes me panic
    -If I have anything savory, I have to have something sweet with it, or it'll be on my mind all day and I'll feel hungry because I know some things missing

• wish u could tell me about my shoulder swagger :P i also have a massive gummy bear

• - I play with my hair all the time, ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I'd think "I need to stop doing this" and then 5 minutes later I'm doing it again. I really can't stop, it's an addiction.
    - Make weird faces when I peel lettuce or someone else around me does. That crunchy sound annoys me so much, I have no idea why lmao
    - I also hate having dry lips... that's why I almost never wear lipstick. It doesn't even last longer than 20 minutes, because I EAT IT :'(

• I get dry lips to, it's very annoying. That's why I tend to take a tin of Vaseline or the little pink tin from Superdrug with me wherever I go

• I guess I'm not that smart, haha

• Oh I do the messaging myself thing too lmao
    -Chew chips evenly on both sides of my mouth (like I eat one and chew on the left side then the next one is on the right and so on so forth)
    -Comb my left eyebrow up so it looks like I'm evil (it gets a tiny point)
    -Look back at ugly pics of myself and zoom in
    -Use Snapchat face filters on my nose LOL
    There's prolly more but I can't think of them off the top of my head

• I have to wear bath slippers (mainly when I'm in some shower other than my own)

I can't touch my collar bones, hip bones, wrists, or ankles because I hate the feeling of them being touched directly and it makes me feel uncomfortable

I have to go to sleep on he side of my bed that's closest to the window, no exceptions.

I will not go to sleep if my closet door is open

I can't sleep unless the tv is on or unless I'm sleeping with someone else in the bed

I can't sleep unless I'm fully covered underneath my blanket, especially my legs and feet

• I sometimes pretend I'm a TV chef when I cook or bake stuff. And I also pretend I'm the actual singer when I sing along to songs.

• I do the first one all the time. Sometimes, when I'm alone, I take my phone and lip sync songs and pretend I'm performing them for people I know. The thing is though, I can actually sing.

Also, I always pretend I'm doing a makeup tutorial or a hair tutorial when I'm doing my hair or makeup. My hair gets all screwed up if I don't pretend that I'm doing a YouTube tutorial
    I don't know why.

• Laugh even when I'm alone, in the street for example,
    Biting my lips when I am nervous,
    whisper for myself when I write exams,
    check that door is locked and then return and check it again,
    walk in the room when I study.

• -I carry a travel sized bottle of Lysol for public bathroom use.
    -I'm OBSESSED with sharks and compulsively purchase shark merchandise. I own 33 shark tooth necklaces alone. Shark Week was created for me.
    -Pretty sure that throwing salt over my shoulder keeps the devil away.
    -I treat my cat as my son.
    -I'm a hypochondriac and constantly think I'm passing away.

The more I re-read this post, the more Im beginning to think that there is a deeper problem here...

• -I close every blind I see when it reaches around sunset because I feel like judgmental neighbors are peering inside.
    -Walk on my tippy toes on the stairs.
    -Laugh at my own texts.
    -Mouth songs in the mirror.

• I have ALL of the same habits! ahahaha
    The second one tho is the worst... Once I did it kinda out loud and my boyfriend got in the bathroom and asked who was I talking to ahhaha

• I tug the house door or car door after i lock it like 5 times just to make sure its actually locked. my boyfriend makes fun of me for it hahaha. I know tugging on a locked door isn't good, but it helps ease my mind.

I kind of sing while on the treadmill too sometimes. not like full out, but I don't know I get into it.

• -I laugh when people try to piss me off.
    -I laugh when I don't know how to respond.
    -I sing whenever I'm stressed out, sad, and happy... but not when I'm mad.
    -When I'm pissed off and I yell I sometimes sound British for unknown reasons lmao

• i think about certain photos and color schemes, i just like them they occupy my mind.

• I have some pretty weird habits... O_o

-Singing in the shower, pretending that someone famous is listening to me
    -Cracking my jaw for no reason
    -When I cross my legs, I do this weird thing where I kind of wrap my leg around the other, if that makes sense.
    -Daydream to fall asleep
    -Talk to myself instead of thinking in my head (I'm not crazy, I swear)
    -At the end of the day, I think about all the things that I've done to embarrass myself and cringe

Those are just some things :)