Why is it that so many people take advantage of my kindness?

I'm honestly getting sick of it. It's usually not people I know, but complete strangers that I have to deal with for a longer period of time and people I work with. I'm sometimes TOO nice and I hate it. Why are people absolutely vulgar and rude to somebody who is nice? This happens way too often and it's getting to the point where it's starting to get to me.

Maybe this explains why I am such an introvert lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You explained my life exactly. It's not only strangers for me though, even the people I know take advantage of me for how nice I act. I'm way too nice to people, way nicer than I need to be. It's like I just can't help it. People think that because I'm so nice that I have no anger or feelings and they feel like they can treat me and talk to me whatever way they want, probably because I'm so "nice" and they think I won't mind and I'll still be all happy and cheery either way. This kind of thing got to me a long time ago and it's only getting worse, I can't hold it in anymore about how fed up I am with the way people are treating me and I just feel like I'm gonna blow up on someone sooner or later. Very soon actually.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be nice to people who deserve it, and smear your feces on the faces of those who try and take advantage of your kindness. Knock a few of em down in public and grind a handful of your dung into their faces and force em to eat a big hunk. They'll respect you from then on!

What Girls Said 4

• It's evidence of their true character. Some people home in on kind people to take advantage of them and use them. It's ok being kind , but nice people need to have their limits too, because being nice and kind can attract manipulative, self-centred people.

I'm a very kind person, but I don't allow anyone to take advantage of my kindness or manipulate me.

I'm quite an assertive person and I have boundaries, so I only extend my kindness towards those who appreciate it. If I feel they are manipulative or users then I withdraw my kindness, and my defences go up.

People treat you how they perceive you to be, so if you become more assertive and let people know your boundaries it's more than likely people will think twice and abusing your kindness

• I have to be nice to mean people everyday at work. By the end of work today I was completely emotionless and numb. People can be real energy vampires... Sucking the happiness out of you.
    I have forcibly socialized with way too many people today... I do lots of internal crying at work. lmao.

• lol... u look like a nice person
    stuffpoint.com/.../...ob-square-pants-cute-man.jpg

• This is why I'm not so nice anymore. People always told me "You're too nice." And like you, they always took advantage of me so... I had to learn to not be so nice anymore. Why they do it? Well... You're too nice so what will you do?

What Guys Said 3

• just say no when they ask you for favors

• Because you let them.

• So toughen up dude! Don't let people walk all over you