How to beat depression?

For months I have felt very empty and worthless. Everything seems so pointless. I feel like I'm a bother to everyone and just waste their time. I'm tired of feeling this way, I want help and change. When I spoke to my parents they just tell me that it's my choice when it comes to my emotions. I don't know how to choose to be happy. If anyone out there is willing to help me with overcoming this I would be very thankful.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to force yourself to get out of the house and do things. Find new hobbies if you don't really have any. Exercise does wonders, even just a 1/2 hr normal walk somewhere can lift your spirits tremendously (I find anyway). Find things you enjoy doing and if you're also meeting new people you should start to feel better before long.

• Music often helps me also.

• No special music, just whatever you like or are in the mood for that day (even if it's depressing music, I find it can somehow lift my spirits lol). Hobbies, depends what you like to do. If you like any sports or reading (try going to the library). I like to play cards for example so weekly I go play Euchre at a place that holds weekly games, just for fun. It's mostly elderly people that are there but it's still fun and I like most of them. That may not be for you but same idea, anything you like doing see if there's any clubs or events you can join in your area.

• The main thing I find is getting out of the house and doing something. Sitting around inside if you're depressed doesn't help usually.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone feels down from time to time. Many things causes us stress. Try to get to the real cause. What why and how can you eliminate it.

Unlike what people are suggesting out of goodwill if you are depressed as in medically depressed you can't really overcome it by well power. You will need your family's support, a Dr and maybe a medication.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Depressed people are ungrateful in life compared to people who overcome the mental illness.

• Wasn't asking for that kind of opinion but thanks

• And change your subconscious beliefs. The things you complain about is a clue about you believe in the worst about.

• I'll try, thank you.

• Get a cat or a dog 😊

• My cat helped my depression 😊