What do you think of a car that had the feature to not start if the person didn't have their seatbelt on?

So this was a complete random thought I had this morning when I was getting ready to drive to work I had just put my seatbelt on and it made me go hmmm...

Of course it would have sensors that knew whether the seat belt was on or not and wouldn't start unless the seatbelt was put on
So then It would have a sensor that wouldn't allow the seatbelt to be unhooked without the vehicle being turned off.

Anyway what do you guys thing, I think it would be interesting but not sure of some of the variables that would go into it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only trust a car that had that feature if the Japanese make it.

• why only the Japanese

• doing good about to go to sleep its 11:40pm

• Cool, I have been doing a bit of stuff recently. I went out to dinner with my family and sisters boyfriend, been volunteering at the Zoo and they had a special week for us to thank us for all we do for them, I got to hand feed a red panda at the zoo which was part of the volunteer week. Then i might be going out to a volunteer dinner in July and maybe going tree planting in July as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in New Hampshire where once you're an adult you dont need to wear a seatbelt. I dont like them. If Im ever in a car accident and am stuck because of my stupid seatbelt I would be pissed and what if the car catches on fire? Id be stuck. Id be against a car like that.

• thanks for your opinion, here they have the click it or ticket where its against the law if you don't wear it

• @SarahsSummer haha omge I was going to say that I didn't think the ticket for no seat belt was much

• @SarahsSummer 25 for each time? Thats a lot lower than what I heard.. probably a scare tactic.

What Guys Said 8

• I dont like all that unnecessary stuff in my car. I want it to drive and bring me from A to B. Everything else is unnecessary luxury. A car is a tool for transport and nothing else.

• you have a valid point, but I have to say that I love the remote start and heated seats in mine especially In winter

• Remember years ago with the cars that had the strap in the door and would automatically close when you shut the door? Lol its kinda like that. But I don't think it would work. People would be against it

• I remember those things I completely forgot about those. I agree that people would be against it. It was just random thoughts lol

• Thats that really expensive car is all electric. The batteries are all in the floor. I think they have like a 5 out of 5 safety rating for their newest models.

• haha aka to expensive for my taste

• then people would take a knife and cut the seat belt off and just but the thingy in the lock and boom your entire safety system is circumvented and people will never wear their seat belt anymore.

• What if I want to start it but not drive it yet? Like let it warm up?

• A lot of the luxury and prestige cars already do this.
    I'm even sure that all the volvos do that

• interesting I figured that someone would have something like it

• Hell ford eben won't start if u put belt on lmao

• I wouldn't buy it

• My car is hard to start regardless, it's just in bad shape.

• awww does it need mechanical work done?

• oh no well I hope itll start tomorrow.

• Thank you, me too.

What Girls Said 7

• Carmakers are already working on that and other safety features like blocking text messages from getting to your phone while you drive.

• No, because I could have something that's not a person in the seat like a big purse. I might have to hurry and get in the car and drive away and not have time to get in the seat belt.

• I would cut that stupid sensor lol I don't wear seatbelts.

• Just a reminder would be enough, a car cannot judge for us if it's better or not to put on the seat belt.

• they would just sit in front of a fastened seat belt.

• dumb what happens if ur seatbelt breaks? gon have to get that fixed

• Fuck that car.