A screening question , Do u have mosquitoes where u live? do u get bitten often? how often do u get bitten a week? what are other insects u see?

please, try to mention where do you live ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in FL and there are always mosquitoes around. I hate them so bad lol the roaches are big and I hate the frogs during the summer

• no, frogs are lovely :D , thanks very much for answering :) ... do u have any endemic diseases caused by mosquitoes?

• are u making fun? not funny though !

• What? No I'm not being funny. I'm actually serious.

What Girls Said 4

• I live in a Latin American city, at 1500 meters above sea level.

Yes, we have them, but there are seasons in which they appear more.
    I get bitten often if I'm exposed, but I have seen persons who are not bitten and other who attracts every mosquito near them.
    I avoid getting bitten due to diseases (dengue, zika, chikungunya). I close the windows at 17:00 or put a mosquito net, and I try to wear clothes that covers me well (there are sites in the city that you will definitely get bitten). If I go to a rural area or to a warmer place, I use repellent.
    I don't know the names of the insects, but: ants, crickets, roaches, butterflies, bees, wasps, dragonflies, flies, earwigs, aphids (they were eating my plants!), beetles, cicadas (because it is hot now), moths, fleas (on dogs and cats).
    And arachnids, centipedes, worms, etc.

• wooow , u have lots of diseases and lots of insects too. poor you :(
      tell me have u ever catch a disease becoz of mosquitoes?

• No, I don't know anyone who has had zika...
      Yes, I hope I don't. I'm really afraid of chikungunya's long-term symptoms.

• well , i hope u dont get it. do ur best to be away of mosquitoes !

• Yes we have mosquitoes & a host of other bugs that bite. It's so bad some evenings you don't want to venture outside. By the way I'm up in northern Ontario.

• so u mean ur weather is cold? that is strange ! mosquitoes like warm temperatures ! i thought it was our problem here ! tell me , do u tend to scratch when u get bitten?

• You got that right.

• lol , thanks for answering :)

• They are everywhere here. The entire time you're outside, you're literally being attacked by them. I get bitten every single day, like 10 times at least, even through my clothes.

I live in Mississippi.

• woow they must have liked u for sure ! but u dont get afraid they may cause u any disease? even urticaria is pretty much annoying..

• That's understandable lol. Who would even do that to people to begin with though, knowing they're going to get that person eaten alive. Damn sadist.

• lol , a sadist or a loser :D. any way i never thought that mosquitoes are a problem in the USA any way. that is brand new information for me. i thought it is a kinda of a tropical problem !

• Yes, I get bitten like everyday or more... Hate the mosquitos :@

• where do u live ? urban or rural area?

• suburbs, we have a garden with vineyards, that's what attracts the mosquitoes I guess..

• yes , lovely green views come with a cost ! thanks for answering

What Guys Said 4

• Are you concerned about that Zika virus that's spread by those bugs?

• nop , i am asking about mosquitoes..

• I do see them around where I live, haven't been bitten by any of them yet as of now. Other than that, just lots of flies.

• I live in Florida and they are so bad. I rarely get bitten because they spray down here. Roaches are HUGE here. The are very hard to get rid of.

• lucky u that u dont get bitten so often.. and i just knew that Florida has a problem with roaches.. is Florida an agricultural state?

• Nop , Dams on the Nile river.. but that way we and tourists can enjoy Nile cruises without being eaten or bitten :)

• I did read about that.

• as i dont eat much sugary foods and the people around me here do they get bitten more often than me, i almost never get bitten.

• well , i guess it has more to do with blood groups ! mosquitoes has the lowest affinity for blood group A , so may be that is why !

• lol , so they just hate ur blood , admit it :D ! that is not something to complain about anyway :D

• yeah lol. thats a good thing.

• nope

never

beetles, gnats