Guys, do you find it annoying to have to go out of your way to not look at women?

I've come to realize the importance of the male gaze to women, either positive or negative. Sometimes I go jogging or just walking my dog. I like to look around at the scenery, animals and people as a study for art creation. I have to go out of my way to not look at women, esp. young women, because I know what virtually all of them are thinking. That men are ogling them, etc. Am I the only one that finds this annoying? Of course, when it can't be helped I don't care, but it seems that esp. teenage girls, whenever a guy even looks at something behind them, they think they are being checked out.

• Yes, it's annoying
  • No, I don't care what they think
  • I AM checking them out and who cares what they think
  • 𓅂

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares if they think you're checking them out?

• its kind of dumb for a man if every women who he looks at thinks he was checking her out.

• It's one of my hangups, probably from bad experiences.

• Try being a guy walking to the store and happen to be following a good looking girl. it's very stressful.

Most Helpful Guy

• About 20 years ago, I worked in a newspaper office that became a lunatic asylum for misandrist feminists.
    From being a happy and relaxed workplace, the arrival of a couple of newly-minted journalism graduates, who had been brainwashed with feminist crap at university, the workplace was transformed into a hellish environment.
    It was during this time that I learned to treat women as invisible.
    I learned to resist the instinctive reaction to look at something that I saw in my peripheral vision, because if that movement was a woman it might result in feminist loon screaming about the 'male gaze'.
    Gender relations reached the point that the male journalists petitioned the management to partition the workplace, so that men and women did not have to see each other or interact. . . except by email.
    Management, of course, took the side of the feminists.
    The series of events that took place in that newspaper office formed the last straw for me, in terms of wanting anything to do with women. That was when I went MGTOW, before there was a name for it.

• Then, unfortunately, things haven't changed much, since I saw a few lunatics in college, and nobody was allowed to call them out. I've never seen anything nearly as bad as what you describe, but that's probably because I'm not a lumberjack jock type and not seen as a huge threat. I do know 2 guys that were falsely accused of rape but that's the extreme. But even I could feel the atmosphere of the male-threat narrative. I've gotten good at recognizing if it's a young woman in my peripheral vision, so I don't have to look directly at them.

What Girls Said 2

• I Would struggle to believe any guy was looking at me because he was checking me out and be quite flattered if he did.
    It's not like I don't oggle women every day so i can't complain.

• I'm not a big fan of guys ogling women but it also seems to be something that's pretty universally unavoidable for most women. I guess I would like it if men would try to be more discreet about it.

• This is more about the anxiety guys can get who respect women but feel shamed for having desires for them. many men feel uneasy because we never hear "it's okay to admire someone"

What Guys Said 13

• Though it's sad that most think we're checking them out, I don't care.
    I like to look at everything that surrounds me, cause I like to know where I am and the type of people I'm dealing with, so I don't care if in their heads, women think I'm ogling them. It's none of my business if those women think the world revolves around them.

• That's the kind of programming that girls receive since birth. That men are a threat and only want one thing. Even if they consciously rationalize that that's not what they think, they internalize it and act accordingly.

• I used to be shy and bashful about getting "caught" looking at a gal.

Now when she "catches" me, I smile at her, and I usually get one back. :)

• Lol why would I go out of my way? they don't lol, if they come into my view I look at em, and go about my day, they do the same thing, a gaze for a gaze.

• I don't stare , but I do glance for sure. If you get mad at me, you are basically trying to deny my human nature.

Why not just tell me to go live in a cave because I like to socialize or not to be curious.

• I don't care what they think. The few that are worth looking at, I AM checking out. But there are very damn few.

• It's obvious that the very attractive ones get constantly checked out by some men, which is why it's understandable for them to believe every man is.

• my eyes are never really fixed on women but i do check them out.

• I don't care about what they think. I don't do smth illegal. You can gaze women in everyway. I like to gaze at milfs' with their husbands.

• If they don't like it they can piss off.

• not really, I just look past them and keep my head down tbh. I do sometimes go out of my way to avoid looking but it's not annoying

• I never keep my head down for safety reasons. At the very least I have to see who is there in case they are a potential threat.

• i got used to that..

• I look where I wanna look, end of story

• Yeah it's annoying especially when I'm with another woman

• Oddly enough, when with a woman I don't care about it, but at the same time, when I'm with someone, even just a friend, I don't look around as much, but talking instead.

• It's whatever. Just because some of them complain about being checked out doesn't mean I'll stop forever.

• They don't complain. That's not the reason I don't do it.