Is it bad for a 20 year old full-time college student with a job to still be living with their parents?

• Yes It's bad.
  • No it's fine.
bump
ayy

Most Helpful Girl

• What on earth would be bad about that?
    For one obviously there's nothing wrong with anyone of any age living with their parents, they're your FAMILY, that's normal. And it's especially normal for someone who's only 20 an a full time student.

Most Helpful Guy

• It really isn't easy to be living and renting a place all by yourself unless you already are making a really substantial amount of income annually and are able to budget everything accordingly. Even with room mates it's hard, better find people you can actually get along with and trust before living with them should you decide to move out.

What Girls Said 8

• Why would it be a problem?

• No its fine, trust me stay at your parents house for as long as they will keep you there, they may have rules for you to follow but it beats paying rent and lots of bills trust me. I wish I still lived with my parents and moved out last year

• I think as long as someone is in school it's perfectly acceptable to live at home with parents. Even for a short while after graduating while you sort your shit out.

• You should be helping out in what ways you can though and not just mooching. Like, doing chores and stuff without having to be asked.

• Living with your own family is normal, most adults down't live with their parents because a lot of them end up getting married so need a place to start their own family. If you don't have any circumstances making it inconvenient to move though there's no reason to.

• @MsElizabeth96 again.. we simply disagree there. I feel like as an adult most people would rather live on their own and would only live with parents if they had a specific reason TO.

• I would do that too. College is mad expensive nowadays

• Not at all. Why?

• I just graduated and still living at home while working full time.
    Dont stress dude.

• it's fine don't stress.

• Not at all

What Guys Said 10

• It is a problem, if you think that what others think of you.

But if you feel fine and have a good connection with your family and your family doesn't mind, it ain't a problem at all.

So don't let others think that it's a bad thing that you are 20 and living with your parents. Hope this helps answer the question.

• No. You do what you have to do.

I had to live with my parents for a while when I was in my early 30's, due to a divorce, moving halfway across the country to come home, and trouble finding a job, and then having to get caught up on debts before I could get my own place. It sucked but it's what I needed to do so fuck it, whatever.

• No, it's fine and being fiscally intelligent. Hell, I'm 25 and still live with my parents. I have a job and I'm in graduate school with student loans up my ass.

I just try to conserve as much cash as possible, while those young fools my age try to show off with sports cars, mansions and other crazy crap.

• 20 years old is like, still in the womb as far as I'm concerned.

• No. In fact, that's what I did. And I've been living on my own for a while now.

• Not at all!!

• I just moved out. There's no shame in it.

• I'm living at home and not in college anymore so I am biased lol

• That's not uncommon for the time we live in. It's easier to live with your parents than on your own, especially in undergrad. By the time you get to grad (if you want to do grad), you're probably gonna be able to move out... or get kicked out LOL

• Ignore these callous gold digging bitches. They're the path to financial ruin.