Do you own a Bible?

If so do you read it or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have a coupke but no I don't read it. Yes, I believe.

What Guys Said 25

• I've read the Bible

• I own many bibles. Sometimes wood gets too expensive in the winter.

• I have one somewhere because this guy was giving it away on the streets for free

• I own a bible. I was going to read it, I was going to 'educate' myself, then I got it, and it's kind of thick, the the text is really small. So I thought, fuck that.

• Yes, and everyone *should*, no matter how un-religious you are. As a reference text. Cultural and literary expressions like "robbing Peter to pay Paul", or "Carrying my cross", etc.

Or hell, for something as important as Middle East Politics, where Israel may be forced to use "The Samson Option" if overrun.

• I think I do somewhere.

• I don't think so. I don't remember packing one the last time I moved. I used to have Isaac Asimov's guide to the Old Testament. I don't believe in prophesy, meaning I don't believe that anyone else has a relationship different from mine. That means that the Bible and other holy books are not revelations from God but just something someone made up.

• And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

Isiah :12
    This verse helped me a lot in my journey

• Yes to both

• yes i do, i dont read it

• Yes, and yes. Also, the Torah, the Quran, the Book or Mormon, the Bhagavad Gita, the Vedas and the first 15 or so parvas of the Mahabharata.

• Yup sure do King James translation and yes I do read it.

• unfortunately not, I'm not christian but it's my habit to educating myself on others's faiths and read alternate religious texts.

• 0|0
  • I left it at a Hotel.

• Nope. I don't read religious works of fiction.

• I keep one as a souvenir, but don't read it due to renouncing my faith.

• Yes to both.

• Nope and nope.

• No I'm Hindu

• No I don't own a Harry Potter book.

• I have Quran

• Yes and I do not read it.

• No 😞😞

• It's just not good fiction is it ain't Harry Potter!

What Girls Said 12

• i do. i read it, but not as much as i should.

• Yes I do. I've read it from Genesis to Revelation quite a few times. I've did a lot of in depth reasearch and mediation on the scriptures too

There's a huge difference between owning and reading a bible , and actually understanding it. If you read the entire Bible then the scriptures interpret themselves

• Yes and I read it every day :)

• I think I have a kid's bible I was given when I was little because the illustrations are still pretty and I guess it's sentimental, even if I don't actually believe in any of it.

• I own one. I've read it. I Dont practice christianity though

• Yes I do. And yes, I read it.

• Several copies, but no I don't read it. I'm not Christian in any capacity. I have read it, but it does nothing for me.

• I have one, and read it just in case someone arrives at my house knocking the door and trying to preach. Better be prepared.

• I dont.

• yes i do several from time to i do why?

• Yeah, I should probably throw it out though.

• Nope & nope