Is Jesus a fictional character?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe he isn't fictional, I believe he existed and performed miracles but he's human and a prophet not a God or son of God.

• exactly what I studied in religion.
      you also believe in the virgin mary and we find in the quran more about her than in the bible

• * We see this distinction / unity when Jesus identifies himself with the Father, saying that he and the Father ‘are one’ (John 10:38, 17:11,21), and that he is in the Father and vice versa (John 14:11). Jesus does not say that he IS the Father, or that he and the Father are the SAME, but that they are ONE. So they are distinct, yet unified.
      * Because Jesus and the Father are both one and distinct, we can say that God ‘sent his son into the world’ - (John 3:16), and also that Jesus came into the world (1 Tim 1:15) - we are speaking about essentially the same action on the part of God, but on the one hand, God the Father sends, on the other, God the Son comes.

*We also see the distinction / unity at work when Jesus speaks about sending the Holy Spirit in John 16 - he describes this as both he and the Father coming. So the three persons of the trinity are distinct, but they are all God - they all share the same motivations and objectives.

• They are all co-eternal, they are all perfect.

God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - one God, existing in perfect relationship within himself. This is how God can be both Father and Son

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus was a real person who was alive during what we now call the first century. Whether or not he is divine is what is up for debate.

What Girls Said 13

• Jesus, the Son of God, is Still Very Much Alive but it's His own Father who is the One who Lives up in Heaven and is Sending his Only Begotten Son back down to Earth Again, in His own Image Again, to "Clean House," let's say.
    The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" are One Whole Being.
    Good luck and Good question. xx

• to those who dont believe, of course.
    to those who do believe, absolutely not.

very simple.

• I would say more of a mythological figure than a fictional one.

• Nah, Jesus is my savior. <3

• Jesus Christ is a partly historical partly fictional character. A historical character whose apostles said he was both a supernatural and divine being.

• actually there are records that he did exist
    but the fact that he is a son of god might be fictional to some and real to others.
    your choice

• Actually, that's not true.
      There are no historical sources, meaning no extra-biblical texts that confirm the existence of Jesus of Nazareth. The first time anyone even mentioned him was roughly 40 years after his death. None of the apostles had ever met, let alone personally spoken with Jesus.

• I believe that Jesus ( peace upon him) isn't a fictional character. He is the Christian prophet, he really did exist.

• No, HE is my Savior, the Son of God.

• People who think the answer's yes aren't clued up on their history.
    The very calendar you base your life on has it's origins in the lifetime of Jesus on earth.

• for me yes

• No, he's not, i mean, now he's gone, but he used to live years ago

• nope nonfictional

• Probably yes.

What Guys Said 18

• Nope Jesus was a actual real flesh and blood person, and my he is my savior.

• No, Jesus is the son of God.

• He existed alright

• No. Jesus and I are homies fr

• No, He is not.

"He lives more surely than you and I do" - The Robe

• I think so, all holy books have been re written by different generations of men, over the centuries, nothing is certain or proven, religious organisations peddle their doctrine to justify their existence.
    Sadly many get away with mentally abusing kids by ramming their particular doctrine down their throats, before they have any chance to make up their own minds.
    Religious organisations are dangerous, they are responsible for more armed conflict on our planet than any other social movement.

• 1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/.../...122b3b0f37ab1b.gif
    If Jesus isn't real, how are we talking about him?

• Nah Jesus is a blessed man

• His life on earth is documented.

• He wasn't fictional but his story is exaggerated of course. I think he would have been just another philosopher during the time.

• And those 3 wise men actually gangbanged Mary while Joseph watched and got cucked and she moaned "oh gawd" but that doesn't make him the son of god and she was definitely no virgin js

• Well he existed he just probabaly wasn't the son of God

• No, but he's not what the Christians think he is.

• Yes. He might have existed at some point, but what he has done according to the Bible is impossible.

• He was an actual person that existed.

• edgelord spotted

• Nope, he's real and he and God (who are the same person) are anarchists.

• Yes he is

• The truth is we don't know if he existed or not. We do know that his biography is bullshit.

• It was most likely an autobiography

• By that standard, Socrates and many other people of Greek and Roman times didn't exist either.

• Come to think of it, that would apply to some historical figures from ancient China as well. Written about, but not the actual author.