Is 15 are old still child or teen?

I'm tired of gagers calling us 15 year olds a child where notbwhere not where teens

What she said, she smart

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate it when people insult younger people. You are teens, and having more experience doesn't have to mean anything. You can experience things and not learn anything. I know older people like that, so it's so annoying to me to hear people say teens are immature. I don't know any teen that's done as much damage to another person's life, as lots of adults in my own family. Experience is way overrated and pointless a lot of the time.

What Guys Said 25

• Being in your teens does not mean you are not a child. Legally you are still a child. And you would seem more adult if you would not spell "we're" as "where". And by the way, there are several mature teens on here that I treat as adults because they talk and act like it here.

• It is a bit of both.
    -- Legally speaking, anything under 18 is considered a child.
    -- A teen is considered anything above 13 (thir-"teen," four-"teen," fif-"teen," etc.)

Personally, I would call a 15 year old a teen, but titles don't necessarily reflect individual maturity.

Given by the question and tone, it sounds like you are distinguishing child vs teen as immature vs mature. As far as maturity levels go, it is a really case-by-case basis. I've seen some immature people of all levels (especially teens), and I've seen super mature and smart teens... Then there is the average which includes people who are generally smart but have immature moments they haven't outgrown yet.

Maturity is shown in a variety of ways like good grammar, being logical vs irrational, amongst many other things. Even if one claims to be mature, it doesn't mean squat unless they show it.

For instance, saying the wrong version of "where" or "we're" is naturally your choice. However, it shows more wisdom and maturity if you choose to spell it right and have proper-ish grammar. It gives more credibility to statements when you don't do pure texting lingo. It's not a requirement that we need you to do, it's only a thing you can press yourself to do because you'd want to do it.

• You're not going to be an adult until you discover the fucking difference between "where" (a location), and "we're" (conjunction of we are). Also, please learn how to use punctuation and learn to spell, in general.

• You are not a grown up and thats what counts. Until age of 21-25 people change their worldviews as much as their underwear and thus things said by younger people are always taken with a grain of salt.

• You're an adolescent. You're not a little kid anymore but you're still growing up. And that's not to say you're immature or anything. But a lot of growing up happens between age 13 to 18.

• You are a teen from the day you turn thirteen (13). Teen is short for teenager meaning a person between ages thir (teen)-nine (teen) (13-19). But then again you are also children still, till you turn eighteen (18). So GaGers are just as right calling 15 year olds children just as you are right calling yourself teens.

• I consider us minors, not children.

• You are minors. A minor is someone younger than 18 (or the agelimit of a sitizen that are able to vote). So is a child, as I said: You are children till you turn 18. So it's basically the same thing minor and child. Synonym if you want.

• People from 13-19 are teens. Therefore a 15 year old person is a teen and definetely not a child.

• Omg thank you

• You're welcome. I don't underestimate teens like most people do. I live a lot among you to know that you're not stupid and you're definetely not children. All you don't have is the same experience as us, which is completely understandable since you lived less.

• You're definitely children.

• Teen.

• You get a lot more mature at 16 tbh even I noticed the change lol. But they still shouldn't treat you like a kid as you are still more mature

• Is a teen

• A young adult at the most.

• Both

• You're a little baby

• Rather teen

• we'll treat you like you're older when you begin proof reading what you type.

• teen cause fif'teen'

• I call low xpers children on here

• Teen

• Technically, you're a teen. However, I'd still consider you a kid. I'd call you a teenage kid.

• 😶😶😶

• Teens are kids

• I still consider you a child.

• it says teen like this. fifTEEN, sixTEEN, sevenTEEN, eightTEEN, nineTEEN. twenty.

• You are both a teen and a kid.

What Girls Said 18

• I consider 15 year olds both children and teens.

• Okay I'm going to answer the question I think you are asking...

Yes. You are classed as a child. You can be a child and a teenager. ThirTEEN is a teenager but you are a child.
    You become an adult officially when you are 18, you are classed as a child.

• I don't think people should be judged by their age, if their opinion is childish is ok but is wrong to say someone is saying childish things just because of their age

• You are considered a teen when you turn thirteen because it has a teen at the end so technically you are a teen but you can't be technical with people. These people may call teens a child because they don't act like a teen.

• Yes you are, you better deal with it instead of giving stupid replies to the other users.

A teenager, or teen, is a young person whose age falls within the range from 13–20 . They are called teenagers because their age number ends in teen. Someone aged 18 or 19 is also considered a young adult.

Teenager is a synonym to kid. Kid is a younger person than you, irrespective of his/her teenager status.

Wishing you the best of luck, anyway.

• I don't consider it a child. It's a teen and a minor. I'm 14 and I wouldn't say that I'm a child, I'm just a minor.

• Adolescent

• 15 is a teenager.

• Teen.

• A teen

• Teenagers are children to people older than 20

• A young teen.

• under 12 is child. u r teen

• In the eyes of the law, you're a child. In terms of maturity, you're still probably closer to child than adult.

• That's very debatable, how would you know how mature she is? She's on anonymous. A lot of times, I get MHO when I'm on anonymous, but if I were to give my opinion and show my age as 14, then suddenly my opinion is no longer valid.

• There is no legal definition for "teen". Until you reach the age of majority, by law you are a child.

• Fuk off bitch

• They're teenagers, but the older you get, the more you view teenagers as children still. Like I'm 19 and now, looking back, view anyone under the age of 17 as really young.

• You are a minor, which in my eyes is also a child.

• I believe teens are still children.

• Teen