What motivates you to do something when you don't feel like doing it?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on what it is, decent weather, good sleep/rest, short work week, worth it, how important it is, if its possible to complete, how long it takes to complete, no aches and body pains,
    right now i have to fix my 2nd car and i want to but im just too lazy, and its a big job, and i have a strenuous factory job so thats the downfall also, if i was on unemployment or didn't have to worry about work, i would of got it done by now. mostly out of boredom, plus i have some plastic model kits i want to put together, but im saving those for a really boring week / month

Most Helpful Girl

• The aftermath.. The outcome... The thought of what comes next..

You take a look at what the results of whatever it is you're doing... And tell yourself, "if you don't do this first, you'll never get to "that", so just do it!!" 💁!!

What Guys Said 15

• Just doing it. I'm at a point where I should do that, spending too much time on this site. I've always tried to find little tricks and ways to motivate myself, but really it comes from just getting over the hurdle that prevents us from doing it and doing it. Soon we can get absorbed in it.

• If it improves myself in one or more of the following areas: Mentally, Emotionally, Intellectually, Physically, Financially, Career, etc.

• "I'll feel bad if I don't do it now"

• That I have to do it anyway. So rather do it now and have it off my mind than dragging it around.

• The consequences/inconvenience if I don't do it! :-D

• I just don't do things I don't feel like doing.

• hope sometimes helps me

• The end goal. If it is part of a bigger plan, then I'll do it. Otherwise, I don't do shit I don't want to do if it doesn't contribute to achieving a goal of mines.

• i think about the insignificance of my life and others.

• In that case, sex, food, or Money... sometimes kindness or a nIke commercial lol. I usually do things that I want to do without a need for motivation...

• I search for the causes which keep me from doing something.

• The phrase fuck it has gotten me through a lot of stuff, that and a bag of weed!

• Girls

• If i become a lazy bum no girl will sleep with me

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• "If i do it now and get it out of the way then I'll have time to do things I want to do later without having to worry about it."

• With my weight, when I don't feel like working out, I just look in the mirror

• I think about the positive outcome of the situation & over analyze everything lol

• rewards/my goals

• Usually $$$$ + visualisation + music.

• Realizing the affect it will have and how it could make life better.

• Nothing.

• I just think about how great I'll feel after doing it and how it can benefit me.

• Money. Or being threatened with losing something

• Living my life to the fullest. It means I'll do everything to arrive this

• Seeing how it will help you in the long run and seeing it's for something positive.

• promise to buy me things

• Nothing