Why can't people let people be themselves?

Even when they really like who someone is, they always try to change them. It makes no sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• To let people be themselves disempowers those who tell them how to be. People like to have power over others. It also increases the groupe feeling

What Guys Said 4

• I know where you're coming from. It happens to be my preference to poop on the little strip of grass beside the sidewalk, when I take my evening walk around the neighborhood. By the way people react, you'd think I was dragging them from their homes and pinching one off in their mouth! Why can't people just get along?

• they can, some people just have this tendency to tell others what to do.

• yes, no sense and that's why i'm in a constant escape from people.

• because people can't mind their own business

What Girls Said 2

• It all has to fo with how a person was raised. If you teach a child to accept others when they aren't harming anyone, they will. Respect is taught&earned.

That's why I think people should have to get some sort of test before having children. It sounds controlling but would sure as hell help children grow up safely and openly instead of being forced upon some religion, being abused or being raised extremly conservative...

• I love that you're pointing this out :) I always notice that couples in particular do this to each other (especially in public). If they really dislike certain traits why are they together? It gets on my last nerve lol :)

• I don't get it either. It's like people only want you to be yourself to the point that it serves them. And any other time? Nope.

• Totally agree :) I once had a friend who would literally tell her boyfriend "Don't do/act like that. It's embarrassing." I was shocked and so confused because they dated for at least 7 months and surely by then they knew each other? What the heck? Lol :)