Why do some Europeans feel like they aren't welcome in the UK anymore?

We love Europe and we love you all. The decision to leave the EU (which was a bad one I must say) does not mean you aren't welcome here, I find it so sad that people are feeling this way. It's the same for British people in EU countries who feel as if they aren't wanted there too. I hope they don't continue to feel this way because I know most of us love you guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people feel that way because it seems that British people don't want to have more immigrants in their country.
    This is just my opinion, I might be wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly just think it was a stupid decision that is going to cost brittain a lot of money. And i dont see any EU nations granting the British any favors. If they want those trade agreements again that benifit them so much they can get in the back of the line. Behind countries like turkey and ukraine. Honestly this just shows how amazing the British think they are. Back to the good old days of saying we are on an island and are amazing and half of the world is our colony. Well news flash, you are not amazing and are doing just as poorly if not worse as the rest of the EU. I really feel bad for the young British people though. They get forced into a future that they dont want by the older generations that won't be alive to really see the consequences.

• I disagree we will get trade agreements because the EU exports a lot of goods to the UK and them not doing so would result in a great loss of money in the EU

• See you are acting like an entiteled britt already. Please explain why we should care. You are losing equally as much money. What makes brittain so amazing that you think you can just cut in line? I am pretty sure that if the EU makes trade agreements with turkey and other countries like it that we will make a lot of money off off that aswell. Please explain what makes you think that the entire EU with all its rules and procedures, is just gonna say fuck all that and let brittain cut in line because we love them so much. No i am sorry we dont love you so you can just get in line.

• Lol I'm just stating facts, I think we should have remained in the EU. We will get trade deals, it's a fact. It's just that It won't be much better the EU doesn't want to encourage other countries to leave.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• They are wanted if they provide high skilled work/ useful to us and are civilized otherwise GET THE FUCK OUT!

• You get the fuck out, Immigrants from the EU are welcome here regardless to improve the way they life. You make me sad to be British.

• LOL you want them in here if they don't improve the life of the British people. Welcome to the real world with more people they put a higher strain on resources and things like the NHS and since they bring low paid work they help the big business sure but the common people don't gain a fucking thing we can't let it ruin our country like germany and you shouldn't even be allowed to call yourself British.

• Who cares if it doesn't improve the life of British people? British people have one of the greatest countries with great opportunities well that was before the vote. Most of the people from the EU worked and paid taxes whilst most people who complain about them are British people who sit at home and claim benefits.

• They feel that way because even people here are painting all "out" voters as racist idiots that don't want anyone who isn't British.

They are wrong. It's not why we voted out.

• I can't understand why you Ukrainians don't love your Slavic brothers. I read your history, some red suckers made you enemies by artificial faminies. You could be very strong as a Pan-Slavic country. I also would like to see Pan-Germanic and Pan-Celtic unions in Europe.

• Because Britian voted to leave.
    honestly that is the worst decision you have made in the last one hundred years

• Most Europeans feel just as welcome in Norway as they do in Sweden. Well, Sweden is in the EU, and Norway isn't. Who cares?

• That's probably not the case for most. The others are just pouty.
    You shouldn't do things to placate other people. Unfortunately, the young generally are stupid enough to do just that.

• No, we aren't. The older generation has economically fucked our country and may be responsible for the break up of our union. The younger people understood the implications of a vote leave so they wanted to stay yet because of our aging population we was fucked over by old people.

• I didn't say you shouldn't vote. I'm saying over 65's shouldn't vote. Dummy.

• "You've already fucked it up so we couldn't anyway." Oh yeah, you're right. You weren't implying anything with that, were you? Besides, a 65+ year old generally has a broader worldview than some layabout teen.
      It's good to jump ship on Europe. By the end of the century, they'll be unimportant. As will North America.

• I'm British and I live and work in Europe. If I'm honest, I don't really feel welcome in either Britain or Europe any more. I'm still so angry about how ignorant British people have been on this matter, that I'm not sure of how much I'd like to go back there. But at the same time, my country has decided on my behalf that I ought not to be welcome in Europe, so I can't really complain if Europeans do not welcome me any more, although this makes me very sad. I'm European first, and British second, and Brexit or not, this will never change.