Why does this site hide and delete anything relating to suicide?

I'm seriously considering moving to Reddit, where they actually have people who care.

Most Helpful Girl

• I obviously can't speak for the admins but I imagine that it's because very, very few people on this site will have medical or therapeutic experience and are not qualified to deal with a suicidal person properly. Even though they may care, they may actually make the situation worse, perhaps through coddling the person rather than supporting, or through accidentally saying the wrong thing. There are also people on this site who will post purposefully upsetting things to anyone who confesses to be suicidal which possibly could push them into hurting themselves. I imagine that we're asked to remove these things for the safety of the person in question.

I've also seen that the site sends people who have suicidal posts removed a list of helplines or something similar where they can seek proper care that the people on this site are not trained to give.

• Sometimes a person just want opinions here. Sending a hotline number isn't going to help.

• But you're right. There are lots of women here who love to insult guys with small penises.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're afraid someone else might be motivated by suicidal tendencies

• I'd give anything to be in your shoes. My life would be so much better.

• @cookieman12 If I was hung like sixnineanon, I would be happily married by now.

• Asker, my life wasn't that great

What Girls Said 1

• "Suicidal Tendencies - Posts that glorify suicide, questions asking ways to commit suicide or giving suicide ideas, or opinions that encourage suicide will be removed. Example: “What’s the best way to commit suicide”, “Go kill yourself.” These posts are removed and we send the user a help message informing them how to get help."

• They remove posts or questions where the person is just feeling down in the dumps and needs advice on how to pull themselves back up.

• I'm well aware of that rule.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's because there are laws passed that neglecting posts and thread like those, or helping someone commit suicide can make the website legally accountable or liable for it. If you or anyone is really going through something really dark unhappy and difficult times, then it would be best to seek professional help instead of random strangers here on this website about what you should do or could do.

• Responsibility, and the probability of a liability catastrophe.

• cause if you´re suicidal, it can be the tiniest shit somebody said that pushes you over the edge. i guess the gag team wouldn´t want that to happen.

• Because it's the rules.
    What were you trying to ask anyway?