Names for a photography business?

I was thinking of trying to start a photography business, based on the naturality of people + animals etc. I dont want to get in trouble for accidentally stealing a name. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pics inc.
    Jadez
    Jadez inc.
    Jadey
    Jadez on my feet
    Today pics
    Tomorrow pics
    Nature at it's finest
    SnapCat
    Snappers

• I accidentally hit send XD these are more serious ones

Intuiging Illusions
      Elegant Captures
      Precious Pictures
      Pure Pixels
      Graceful Captures
      Striking Moments
      Flawless Focus? 💁
      Marvelous Developments
      Pleasant pleasures
      Pic'ture

Wow I need a life...

• No you need a job in marketing. When I have the ability to pay you, you have one.

• Heeeeey I got mho 😂💜 thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Recently gone through this process myself.

1. Whatever you choose, GOOGLE IT. Even if the domain is free, there may be someone with a very similar name just down the road doing the same business.

2. Start with something that means something to you if you can.
    For me, I started with my initials. My initials are ACT so I tried to think of words with it. I went with Actually Studios until I did my google search.

3. Think about how it reflects the company. Another thing I thought about was alliteration. After I decided the name (my company is called Ice Storm Studios) and I told my dad about the alliteration idea he gleefully said "Shitstorm Studios!" Although hilarious, not an image you want to portray.

I have to ask, and only because I've been through he process. Why are you looking to set up a company? What type do you want to make? Is this a business idea or a hobby? Have you written a business plan? Do you know the costs involved (and yes, just registering has a cost)?

• Because I could get my word out there and hopefully make an impact, wdym what "type"? A business idea, no because I'm just brainstorming and mostly but not in depth because I'm still just thinking.

• i understand thank you

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 17

• I believe that every state has a procedure for registering business names (sometimes known as fictitious names) with the state's secretary of state. There is a database that you can check to see if your desired name is already being used. There is a fee to register a fictitious name but you are then protected from someone else stealing your name. If you tel me what state you are in, I will find a link to the database for you. (You can message if you do not not your location disclosed to the public.)

• 1|1
  • "In A Better Light"

• I will just warn you, you need to know a lot about photography and have a lot of equipment to start. You will also need a good reputation as a photographer. I have seen so many people think it is easy to start a photography business and it normally fails pretty quickly because they don't know what they are doing. I once had a friend who started doing photography and she needed to basically use all of my equipment for a shot. Only reason I even let her use the equipment is because the shot was for another friend.

• I'm not giving an example name, unless I get a signed contract promising me ownership stake. :-P

• Enchanted Stills

• homocidal pics

• Filmed at 11

• Nature's pixels?

Sorry its all I could come up with XD

• Photos by Jade

• Just stick with your name and photography. It's simple and elegant. From my experience (I've been known to press the button on top of a camera a little) people who have lavish names tend not to have the images to back it up.

• How about... 'clickrs' don't know if Its taken

• Photos by me

• The Pic Up

• Can't think of any atm

• Photo Bomb

• Yarrak photos.

What Girls Said 6

• Jade Portrayed Photography. [this would embody how photographs are a little piece of who u are and what you love.]

Jade and the Earth Photography [same idea ^^] or Jade + Earth

• For an economic class in high school I gave this one business I had that would sell sweets and photography pictures. I had named it, "Sweet Peeks."

• Picturesque Photography

I don't know lol, I suck at names :p

• I would suggest a play on words, so it's memorable. Like, "Snap Shot!"

• Click pic

• Snap Shot
    DePict
    Shutter
    iCamera