Parents Help Please!!! How do you properly change a baby boys diaper?

I babysit an adorable 1 year old little boy and I'm kinda wondering how to correctly change a baby boys diaper/nappy.
Have tons of babysitting and baby diaper/nappy changing experience under my belt but It has been most baby girls that I have cleaned and changed.
Is it a different way for changing baby boys?
Parents can you pleases describe how to change a baby boy step-by-step

Thank you for all your help <3 your life savers

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why anything would be different.
    Take off the dirty one. Clean, dry, add lotion if needed to prevent diaper rash, and put on the new diaper.

Most Helpful Girl

• Diapering boys is generally easier, because you don't have to be as anal (hah! look how I did that!) about wiping from front to back all the time.

In fact, if the boy has more sensitive skin, you may want to not even wipe him every time he goes #1, since boys (in my experience) are more likely to get a rash from being wiped too much than from letting them sleep in a wet diaper.
    YMMV with this one -- it's going to depend on the boy's skin sensitivity, as well as the particular wipes that you're using. (Also, since you aren't the mom, it will honestly also depend on the mom's own prejudices.)

If you are used to diapering girls who are on formula -- which leads to much more acidic urine than breast milk -- then, you won't have to change the diaper NEARLY as often as you would for those girls.
    On the other hand, if you are accustomed to girls who are on breast milk (which leads to more alkaline urine and thus less frequent diapering), then, the frequency of diaper changes will probably be about the same with a boy.

What Guys Said 7

• It's the exact same except it's easier because there's no possibility of the faeces entering the pudendal cleft.

• There's one thing that may come as a bit of a surprise. If, while you're changing he, he decides to pee again, boys have quite a range.

• Here's a little tip. After you clean him, make sure his penis is pointed down before you close the diaper.

• It's a simple procedure, Similar to changing a female human infant's nappy.
    Just clean around the area as usual and ensure the nappy isn't too tight and that his "thing" isn't in an uncomfortable position...

• Why would it be any different from a girl? Lol

• If you're actually interested, see my opinion.

The "girls have to wipe front to back, boys don't have to worry about this" is exactly the same for adults, too. The #1 cause of UTI's (urinary tract infections) is from girls not always wiping in the correct direction after taking a shizz.

• Indeed, but, it's a major difference.

Most people don't know about the breast milk versus formula thing (which doesn't really affect boy babies).

• @redeyemindtricks are you done talking yet?

• It's the same way you would a girl.

• You'll need a gas mask to avoid losing consciousness.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope :) It's just the same. I baby sit my cousins all the time :) . If you need to make sure there are videos on youtube on how to change a baby boy's diaper.

• Just clean the same... When my son was in diapers, his poop would seem to get smashed on his "boy bits" so sometimes that takes a little effort. Also, make sure you point everything down, or he will pee on his shirt lol

• You change him the same way you'd change a girl.