Can I please get some stuttering advice that actually works?

I'm an actor with a stutter. I know I'm not the first and I probably won't be the last. Sometimes when I'm on the camera, pretending to be someone else, it goes away completely. Sometimes it just stays. I really need to break this stuttering thing, especially for auditions. Can I please get some stuttering advice that's worked for people. Please don't tell me to think about what I want to say before I talk. Believe me, I do. I stutter when I read a book. I can barely get out my own name a lot of the time. Also, please don't say that you "stutter" sometimes when you don't know what to say. It's not the same thing in the slightest. The stuttering I have is when I know exactly what I want to say and I can't even get the first sound of the word out, a real stuttering problem. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'm sick of people comparing their rare dysfluency to my constant one. My stutter started in the third grade so I obviously knew how to talk fine before then. Apparently you can just wake up one day and not know how to talk. The only thing I can think of causing it could be that I was extremely premature. I came out a pound and fifteen ounces. I'm just looking for some decent, usable advice that works. I've gone to speech therapy, didn't help. I don't know if it's a lung thing, a throat thing, or a brain thing. It just started one day, and I really need to figure out how to beat it. Please help me.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I find if I take my time and slow down a bit it really reduces my stuttering.

• I've heard singing your words. The great Ann Wilson of Heart was a stutterer

• Drink orange juice. Cures everything.