Guys, if a random girl came up to you and asked if you wanna be friends would you?

So I know this is weird, but I wanna make friends with strangers during the summer since many of my friends are away traveling. Would it be weird if I just went to the beach and went up to a group of guys and said, "hey wanna be friends?" Haha. I have a fun personality and a great bikini body which I've been working super hard on for the past year!

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I have actually had a guy do that to me before. It's really sad, actually. People don't do that. When you say that to anyone, basically, they're just going to pity you and say yes, no matter what, then ditch you whenever possible. That's basically what I did with that guy. I was stunned for a moment, then was like "Uh, yeah, sure."

Well. If you're not attractive enough. If you're attractive, or average which is basically attractive, then I think a good amount of guys would say sure and swap phone numbers or something. Though, they wouldn't exactly be thinking friendship.

But. It's pretty weird to just say that. If you're charismatic enough about it, then that'll outweigh the weirdness. But you might be better off just walking up and saying "Hey. What are you guys doing?" Then just taking it from there.

What Guys Said 36

• I'd find it a little random/weird if some strange just walks up and go "wanna be friends"... i mean, an introduction and joining the conversation, sure, me and my friends love meeting new people but to just blurt it out like that, it will put people on edge... body or not.

• What should I start out on saying then?

• Bringing a 6-pack of beer is an excellent idea.

• @ak666 you can never go wrong with that lol...

• It's an unusual approach lol the only way I see it working is if you're incredibly easy to talk to... conversation flows effortlessly and we're both playful and funny... but yeah it's possible lol

• I'd be ok with it

• Of course it would be weird. But people would love it!!

If thats something you want to do, then do it! People live it when you be yourself. Especially when yourself is spontaneous and fun.

• A little weird if that's ur opening line. If u tell them a little bit about u and ask them a bit about themselves, then drop that question u'll get more favorable results. Of course u might need them to stop starring at ur boobs first if u wear a bikini when u do this.

• I would be suspicious and look for her junkie boyfriend waiting to rob me, or for her to try to drug and rob me.

• if she's not going to be a potential date / girlfriend, than no im not into being just friends with a girl, i dont really care to have guy friends ether, cause im not a friend oriented person.

• I'd think it was pretty weird. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd give her a shot, she could be a pretty interesting person.

• Sure. I'd let you join and see if we click.

• Well there are some kind of guys who just want to have ''sex'' with girls. So you must be careful before doing something like that. Ofcourse its good to have friends and its nice to get to know about strangers. I think you can try your chance with a group with girls and guys, but not ''guys'' only lol.

• well, friendship is something that develops over time, it's nothing I can answer with yes or no to a random person I don't know. but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to get to know her better and see what happens.

• I'd find it cool that you're comfortable to do something like that. For sure, I'd say yes and invite you to join us

• It'd be a little off putting to be honest, but I wouldn't turn down getting to know someone. I'd say keep it simple and just introduce yourself.

• I myself would be dubious. Am quite a difficult person to merely befriend. Most people don't get further than the acquaintance phase.

• Sounds a bit childish, but you can always try to get into a little conversation with small talk.

Are you looking for a friend or for a sexbuddy? Because you mention your great bikini body...

• Yes definitely.

• "Great bikini body"? That's... generally not a requirement people have for making friends. I think you just want attention. As for what I'd do in that situation? I'd stay far away because that would strike me as weird. Very weird.

• Shy guy here, and this would pretty much be something I dream of.

So it's pretty cool, don't know about the others though.

• Hah sure that can work but I think you can be a little more subtle by showing friendliness rather then saying that. Shows your more socially stable and not a weirdo

• To seem that way, what should I start out with saying then?

• I dunno it's usually something that comes naturally. Try find a connection or reason your both at the beach, sports, weather, fun blah blah then just be like good day isn't it mind if I join the fun? If you do it right they'll be capitivated by your charisma

• Yeah, but personality is the only thing I care about in friends

• No..

• I'd give you a chance if we got along.

• yeah of course i would.

• Sure, but id be wary until I get to know her

• To be honest I'd assume you wants to pursue something
    Especially if you show up in your bikini

• no not at all hats off to ya if your confident etc

• No that would not be bad we can be friends now even know where strangers and I think thoses guys would be happy

• First off that would never happen and second I would ask her who put her up to it.

• Randomly? No I wouldn't

• Who doesn't need more friends?

• More from Guys
    6