My mom wants the money I get from working but I?

I don't want to give her any. ugh. My dad pays her rent so I don't see why I should give her money from my part time job ):

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Is she asking for all of your money? in my opinion that hardly seems fair. You are trying to work for things you want and she is just taking your money.

Now I can understand her asking for a percentage of the money to help with expenses. But to take it all is just unfair. Especially when you are just starting out at your first job!

What Guys Said 18

• Do you live at home? Than, a contribution in the household costs could be fair.
    But even than, not your entire salary of course!

• If your mom is collecting money for food and utilities from you then welcome to the real world... It sucks, but she is actually doing you a favor.

She is just teaching you that the money you make has to help towards the bills because you are a grown-up now. As long as it is representative of what you get paid, then such as life.

I had to be out of the house when I was done high school.

• Your money, your decision. What does she want the money for? If she'll spend it on unimportant things and you need the money, keep it for yourself.

• I don't know your situation. But for me if I work in a part time job. İn Turkey 30 hours a week means part time job. Salary around 600 tl. 500 tl is enough for me for 1 month. So I can give 100 tl for my mom. And she will use 100 tl for kitchen. She can cook good foods and deserts. Maybe she can buy herself a new dress.

• If she gonna spend it to unimportant things then its not necessary to give it to her. But I would give anyway because she is my mother, she is the woman who always kept me fed and looked after me, do you think I won't give her cash when she wants? Ofcourse I will...

• do you live home?
    if no, she has absolutely nothing to say.
    if you still do, it's her good right to say that you have to pay for certain things yourself, like your clothes etc.
    but she can't ask to give her your money. your money, your decision

• Contribute to the household through chores but don't let anyone tell you what to do with your money. If she's using you as a dependent on her taxes (which she probably is) you are owed nothing.

• for me it would depend on what she plans to do with it. if she needs it for bills or something than I would help. but if she thinks she is entitled to it just because she your mom I wouldn't do it

• Avoid Mom and go directly to Dad since he pays the bills and ask if he'll let you live ther rent free. Dad's can be suckers for their daughters!

• I think it's only fair to contribute to the costs of the household. Food, other groceries etc.
    Just make sure it is a fair contribution.

• You don't need to, but if you haven't moved out on your own yet she can certainly charge you rent.

• Your dad pays your mom rent? What kind of family do you have?

• Do you live at home?

• What will she do with it?

• Are you in a tough financial situation?

• When your older and you live with your parents, you should contribute financially.

• Be like can't you get your own job

• If you don't want to give her your money, then don't give it to her.

What Girls Said 9

• Ask her what she needs help with, to show you bills, and that you'll help.

*Do not* just give her your money.

• Tell her you have things to pay for as well, that its your hard earned money. If you father pays her rent I don't see why she would want more, does she work herself? Tell her how does she expect you to move out if you have nothing.

• Do you live with her? Do you eat the food she provides? Use the electricity she's paying for? Etc.

I definitely see things from your point of view but I can also see them from hers. As a 20 year old, you're an adult and live under her roof and I can see why she would want you to contribute to the household

If you don't live at home, you don't need to give her anytbing. And you still don't. But it might be a Nice thing

• You're an adult so she can't take it from you. So tell her hell no because that's the money you worked for.

• If you're still living at home, you should give her some. My mother made my sister and I start paying room and board when we turned 18. It was only $50 per week, so it wasn't a lot. 20 is old enough to be paying pills and taking responsibility.

• Again, my dad pays for me.

• When you said: "My dad pays her rent" I thought you meant he paid her rent. Although I'll admit I found that odd because I don't get why she can't pay her own rent. So that explains it better. I still see nothing wrong with an adult child helping with the bills. As long as she isn't asking for your whole paycheque, I don't see it as a bad thing. I've just always believed that if someone is an adult, and they're capable of working and paying the bills, they should.

• you're 20... of course you should give money :/ When I worked and lived at home I contributed... and so did all my friends in their homes.. you should want to cover at least some costs of the food you eat.. water you use.. electricity.. etc etc

• Like I said My father pays my rent. I don't have to do that.

• I understand but rent is not the only thing... it isn't the sole cost of living uno. my parents didn't live together and my mother would have struggled, even though she was working if we didn't pay for what we used...

if there's nothing that you take advantage of which needs to be paid for then refuse to give to her so much of it. but still, out of respect i feel you should give her something

• Why does she want it? She didn't work for it or earn it. Unless there was an agreement that you'd pay rent or some bills before you got the job, it's not her money so she's not entitled to it.

• yeah exactly. Plus my dad pays my rent. Not my mom. My parents are separated.

• Dude you don't have to your adult, but if she trying to make pay rent talk to her about it. But she is not allow to go in your account and take money from you.

• Does she need help with paying bills?