Do you think interracial dating, marriages, and bi-racial children will be the true reason why in the future there is less racism in the world?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I do. There's a theory that we're going to be all one race eventually

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Every little bit helps.

• Your question presupposes that racism is a bad thing.
    I disagree.
    Racism is a natural instinct called own-group preference, which has been developed over millions of years of evolution through natural selection.
    Race mixing leads to racial extinction.
    The fact is that there are vast differences between the races, both physically and intellectually.
    The diversity of the races should be celebrated and maintained, not miscegenated into extinction.

• There is so much wrong here, but at base, we aren't different species. We aren't humans trying to mate with horses. In fact, in cultures where "breeding" has been exclusively one race with itself, that is the fastest way to continue to pass down genetic abnormalities and disorders. Having children outside your race doesn't lead to extinction. The rate of bi-racial children dying via ways outside of accidents is no higher than those who's parents are the same race. Add to that, there are very few people on the planet that exist today that do not have some form of mixing in their blood, yet here we all are.

• Miscegenation leads, ultimately, to the extinction of a race.
      Races are subspecies.
      I assume that you are not aware of the quantifiable differences in intelligence and physical characteristics between the races.

• Not really. Each person is unique in their own race. Better living through science is the only thing allowing this luxury of racial mixing to occur. Mutations pop up in populations and thrive in certain environmental condtions. Got a feeling that there will always be diversity as long as humans continue to challenge themselves.

• I personally think that the different races came about for a reason, therefore it is not advisable to mix blood, however that wasn't the question.

I think it must, eventually , but don't hold your breath.
    Even these days, darker people try to "up-trade" to a lighter skinned partner

• That and social technology.

• I dont think racism has to do with interracial relationships. Its more on the individual perspective and how st00pid they can be to view the world so negatively. Afterall there's good and bad beings in the world. Wherever there's light, there is dark. Thats how the world works.

• Nah humans still find a way to nitpick about shit, I get the feeling classism will replace racism after a while.

• Nope mixed kids look weird to me.

I'm mixed Asian and white and I came out OK but sometimes I'm like do I look weird.

• I'm waiting for girls of any race to be more receptive of my existence. I like all girls, but none of them like me back.

I mean I experience racism on this site, too. As soon as I put up a picture of my real face, people stop talking with me. I think I'm the only guy with a Bengali genome on this site.

I know humans want me to die. I know the elite want me to die. If you all want me dead, then you're going to have to kill me yourself because I won't kill myself. :D

• Yesh let the mixing... commence :P

• Mixed races have been around for thousands of years. It has no effect on racism...

• I agree mixed races have been around forever, but there is far more acceptance today than in previous generations. I'm would never imply that mixing would solve racism, but I certainly do think there has been a more positive effect.

• It hasn't had any effect at all. People in some nations have culturally shifted to accept people of different races, but it has nothing to do with races mixing and making babies. It's more so due to environmental exposure. For example, in the USA laws removed segregation in public schools and minorities were bused in. Kids grew up with a diverse population, so it's what has always been normal to them since they were a knee high. When all your friends are different colors, it's hard to hate them for that...

What Girls Said 8

• The 'true' reason, I dunno. Biracial kids can still have twisted views of ethnicity. People that have similar backgrounds as I, have said some of the most backwards things I've ever heard. I think raising our kids to not be racist and hold prejudices is the best way to ensure less racism in the world. That being said, being down for a consensual swirl is a good start.

• It'll definitely make it more difficult to be racist if you and everyone around you has at least a little bit of everything in you.

I don't think racism will ever be truly gone though, unfortunately. Weak-minded people are always looking for reasons why they're special. Why they deserve more, why they are better than you. The ONLY way these people have to justify their eternal struggle for elitism is by saying that they are inherently better by virtue of what they look like/where their parents are from. They will always find some sh*tty excuse to believe that other people are inferior to them, because that is the only thing keeping them going.

Ironically, something I noticed w/your picture there- 7/9 of those people have light-colored eyes. Realistically, mixing of different gene pools usually results in dominant phenotypes (i. e. dark eyes) being expressed more frequently, so it's far more likely that a world of mixed-race people will have more dark-colored eyes than lighter ones.

• Well, I hate to tell you this, but these are real people who exist in the pic. I have three mixed friends who are black/white, and all three have light eyes, either really hazel or blue. It just literally depends what gets expressed and which genes are the more dominant in your mix. As far as your other point, I agree. Everyone to some degree wants power and some people feel they are owed that by virtue of their birth/race. It's pathetic, but as you intuit, they are weak minded.

• Oh, I believe they're real people. A sample size of 3 isn't much to go on though. I too could find 7 blue/hazel-eyed people to take pictures of if you gave me a week (or I could find 7 brown-eyed people in the next 30-60 min seeing as how I live in a mostly-White neighborhood). All I'm saying is that if you put all people into a giant genetic game of Boggle and looked at the eye colors that resulted, 78% of those people would not have hazel/blue eyes.

Real-Life Example: I know 5 White/Black, 3 Asian/Black, 1 Asian/White/Black, 2 Hispanic/Black and 3 South-American/Black people. That's a sample size of 14 and the number of non-brown-eyed people in that group is 1 (greenish-hazel). Of course, this still means nothing b/c 14 is still an inadequately-small sample size.

My statement is based on information from a Genome 371 class. Eye color is controlled by at least 3 genes. Brown eyes are dominant over green, which are dominant over blue. Sure, it's possible for 2 brown-eyed peop

• people to produce a non-brown-eyed child, but if they had 9 kids, how many of those kids are likely to end up with non-brown eyes? If light-eyed genes were as equally dominant as dark-eyed genes, then you'd see more people with light eyes.

• I think more biracial people would be the product of less racism in the world but I also know some biracial people are the result of racism. I've seen plenty of white women who solely want have mixed children because their families were racist and they wanted to get back at their dads.

I've seen plenty of black guys who hate being black and purposely look for women of other races to have children with. Even on gag there are plenty of Indian and Asian men who hate women of their own race and want someone else. That form of racism causes self hatred which could lead to mixed babies.

Also, there's plenty of racial discrimination against mixed people themselves, and the more present we become or the more desired I can certainly see more hatred coming up. I cannot tell you the countless amounts of racial discrimination I've experienced from all races of people.

There's even pinning other mixed raced people against each other. A quick google image search of mixed people will almost always be someone who is white and black, never someone who is Asian and white, Indian and Hispanic, or what have you. We aren't represented anywhere, not even in our own groups are we all properly addressed because it'll mostly be white/black mixtures leaving the rest of us in the dark.

• No. Mixed/biracial people aren't anything new. Slavemasters fathered plenty of mixed race children and still sent them to work or split their families up. Racism will go away when all races of people stop being so clannish and treat others fairly, and not based on color or class.

• No, people just need to understand each other better.

• Well, how are they to do that if they are so busy hating someone else because they don't want to understand them, or see them, or interact, but if its someone right in your family or a friend who is mixed, you can't be all, my race is so superior all the time when they are sitting across the table from you reaching for the turkey leg at Christmas. You're I suppose in a way I think forced to interact and find out for yourself that the stereotypes and what not aren't true.

• No, it would be like Brazil or in the black community where they base it off of skin shade and the lighter you are the better. The world has white is right or anything closest to white is the best, so nothing would change if everyone mixed.

• didn't people already create these subcategories?

• I think racism is very much alive depending where you are in the world. Me personally, I love mixed race, its the way of the future, evolution of us as species. Plus mixed race offspring is very good looking in my eyes and it will only get better