What Keeps You Going?

On those days when you just want to curl up into a ball and stop existing, what keeps you going?
What Keeps You Going?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not thinking about the bad stuff, pretending that it's just not there or that I'm ok with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ill be honest, the guilt of leaving behind loved ones who will blame themselves for not doing enough. On bad days that is the ONLY thing that keeps me here.

What Guys Said 14

• Looking at this dog tag I wear around my neck often helps keep me going, on one side it says this.

United States Military's Warrior's Ethos.

I will always place the mission first.

" I will never accept defeat"

" I will never quit"

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Army Values

Loyaty
    Duty
    Respect
    Selfless-Service
    Honor
    Integrity
    Personal Courage

Looking around reminds me how little of any of the above is in the world, and looking at the dog tag reminds me not to give up, and to live to those standards. It's one of the many things that helps me keep going.

• There's a lot more of those things in the world than you think there is, actually.

Take a moment to consider how smoothly society flows, for the most part, even though 99.99 percent of it is completely unsupervised and unenforced.
      How MOST banal everyday interactions are actually based on lots and lots and LOTS of coordinated trust, which is so deeply etched into society that you don't even think about it.

It's depressingly easy to *notice* when those things are violated -- and it's way too easy to forget how common they are, unless we see truly epic examples of them (like wartime heroism).
      But, nah dude. Honor, duty, and respect, at least, are absolutely everyfreakingwhere in this country.

• @redeyemindtricks I'd like to believe that I really would but I look at the people in charge of all these countries are own included. But all I see is cowardess, corruption, greed, hungry for power. Look at the social justice groups in the streets chanting death, Muslims overrunning Europe, raping, breaking the law just to get to Germany all so they can lazily mooch of their welfare system like parasitic leeches. Even the damn churches are succumbing to this, and so much more and there is a lot of stuff that no offense you don't even have a clue about, I didn't even have a clue about it until only recently.

Lol how this country runs has very little to do with Trust a lot of Americans actually don't trust the goverment, the media or very little else.

I am aware that it exists in the world, but you see very little of it, and I am talking on a global scale here not just the united states.

• @redeyemindtricks What also gets me down is personal stuff that has nothing to do with the world, like the fact that after battling against a bank that is majorly corrupt to the bone and incompetent, been raising prices illegally, falsifying information, mixing up our records on purpose with other people so that they have a excuse to do more illegal crap and all sorts of shit, but after 7 years of fighting against them they finally got my home, stole it basically, and now I have about a month to find someplace else or I am out on the streets.

They've ripped off and destroyed so many peoples lives it's not even funny, where's the justice for them or for us? but nobody can do anything about, and nobody cares enough to try.

• The hope I have for the future getting better

• The fact that my parents raised me and I plan on taking care of them for the rest of their lives.

• the fact that I dont want to fall down on my knees
    ?

• At your age you can believe things will get better in the future and there's a decent chance that will actually happen.

• I'm not in need of cheering up, I'm just wondering what other people have to say on this topic. :)

• Well it's not like I've a choice. I'm not going to stop existing and times not going to stop ticking.

Eyes forward.

• I'm never down and neber felt like that ha You just gotta be big jacked athletic hulkly ripped and world is better place for u

• My respiratory system. If I stop breathing, game over 😁

• The dream of being my own boss.

• Realizing I don't have much choices in life and I have to do what I can to get a chance to wake up safely in the morning.

• A little thing called not having a choice. lol.

• I don't know myself.

• lol the realization that that won't get you anywhere, "good" or "bad"

• weed

What Girls Said 12

• my vision for the future. I'm addicted to wanting to be better. I'm hopeful that it will all get better, i just need to try.
    I've had many days and many thoughts of not wanting to exist. it's my hope in better days that crushes those toxic feelings.

• My boyfriend just somehow knows how to fix everything. When I'm down he has no hesitation and just jumps in ( kinda like a mum would to her baby crying at an inconvenient time is how I'd describe it) he does everything in his power to make sure I'm happy again.

• tenacity + hope + optimism

• My family, friends, music , animals , etc 😊

• Friends, family, happy moments, etc...

• good question... i have no idea :(

• Thank you. Sometimes it depends on the way you are feeling so there might not be a certain thing for you.

• I don't know, actually.

• My heart beat and brain activity. Literally nothing else.

• Family keeps me going

• Knowing that I exist for a reason

• My family and friends. Don't know what I'd have done without them.

• God , my family, my dog. The fact that if i ever do kill myself i will not go to heaven therefore i will stay alive until it's time for me to go.