Do you trust your instincts or do you think you could do better if you research the issue?

Would you look towards magazines and self help books and blogs and ask others for advice on how to live or do you just trust your instincts and go with the flow, shoot from the hip kind of thinking.
So many self help books out there, like how to be a good friend, how to save, how to be a good mom or dad, how to forgive, how to have boundaries, how to everything. ..

• Trust my instinct
  • Research the issue a lot

Most Helpful Guy

• Intincts and research. More information you have better judgement you can make. Instincts can be wrong, with better information you can make better judgements.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do the research THEN I trust my instincts.

But there are timea when you need to trust in your gut, bc it can be useful (you can't really learn everything from research) sometimes you need to take the leap of faith!

What Guys Said 13

• If i've ever read one of those stupid articles I can't remember it. Through experience if you open your eyes and pay attention you should know what to do in most situations, you can take time and think of cause and effect in most cases.

• At my age, I have learned to trust my instincts.

• Depends. Different situations require different response, and time is a major issue. If I'm pressed for time I go with my gut (combined knowledge/experience/instinct).

• I do both. I'll research or seek others opinions, but in the end I'm still going to do what I think is best even if that means I disregard all that research and counsel.

• People have to learn how to interact with society, which is what parents are supposed to do.
    If they do, then you are good on a base level. However, if you want to excel in something like business, you need to learn new skills to do so.

• A bit of both. I prefer studying but always go with what I think is right.

• Sometimes I trust my instinct, but sometimes I have to research it. It depends.

• I would research the issue a lot like I always do

• But, even at my age I will research when I think I need to.

• I would trust my instinct until I researched the issue further.

• I use both.

• And this is why women will as be wrong even when they think there right

• I'm always open to learn from others, but I make the final decision. I think it's arrogant to think that I have all of the answers. It's weak to think that I am incapable of making decisions for my life.

What Girls Said 10

• These "experts" hardly teach me anything I can't teach myself with a little bit of questioning and self reflection.

• I am one with the internet it has mislead me before but it is that friend that just doesn't judge no matter how weird the question I ask. I actually research a lot before giving an opinion on Gag.

• Experience Mostly, Common Sense as well.
    However, if it is Really Something I would Need to Research Such as Something to do with Health, for Example, I Do my own Homework to be a Bit More Sure to Assist Someone the Best from the Rest.
    Good luck and Great question, @phil2 xx

• If the issue entails some chemical compounds or specific studies that have been thoroughly researched (with tangable proof) then I can research propperly. If the issue is a romantic involvement or some human interaction then my instincts are the best for it. No science is going to help me with that.

• In the past, I found self help materials really tedious to read. I don't think I could last reading a whole book on it. Articles can be nice though depending on what it is.

I do a bit of both. The way it looks is I usually question something, do some research... sometimes get confused by what I learn. But then, I end up using my judgment and trusting my instinct. Especially when I question something over and over, instinct becomes like an alarm to wake me up and see reality as it is.

• I definitely Ask for advice and read articles and books and such. But at the end of the day, I do what feels right for me, not what I've read or asked for.

• Typically, I trust my instincts.

• my instinct

• instinct

• I should trust my instincts more, but I feel better researching and exploring the issue first.