Do you find dumb people annoying?

I am bitter at them as they don't have to go through the hassle that intelligent people go through eg analysing everything and thinking about every damn philosophical question under the sun that can drive a person crazy / insane. They just get to go about their daily lives thinking of their relationship, clothes, reality shows etc etc it just makes me angry how some of us are born to suffer due to our intelligence.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• As an intelligent person with an active, analytical brain as well as you are... I can honestly say that is a VERY important personal skill to learn to "switch off" the analysis of things sometimes.

There is a reason why people who are more intelligent and worldly-thinking, are more depressed and less happy, that people who don't identify the same way as us.

It is important to *GASP* enjoy the small, vapid things in life.

Stuff as little as enjoying casual TV shows on a superficial level, such as cooking shows and kids' shows.

Enjoying drinking a Bud Margarita although we know it is a high fructose corn syrup elixir, and isn't even flavored with real fruit!

Enjoy the simple stimulating things in life like a prefume or cologne that smells good, how cute a puppy is, how cute a pair of sunglasses look on you, a lipstick shade you feel would look good on you, or an attractive man or woman that passes your path. ;-)

Enjoying the simple things in life, in my opinion, is the key to TRUE, REAL happiness. Us intellectuals can learn from the more everyday, vapid members of society. They are doing something right!

Most Helpful Girl

• I find pretentious people far more annoying...

I don't care if someone is necessarily smart or dumb. I care if they're kind and if they're trying their best.

Besides, dumb friends can be a lot of fun to mess with haha

What Guys Said 14

• Dumb people have a job to do, which is to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves! We must of course reciprocate by being patient with, and generous to such people. I try and hold up my end of the bargain, but must admit I occasionally fart and blame it on the dumb guy.

• I don't have much patience with people of below average intelligence but there is no moral justification for me having a negative attitude towards them. I am more intelligent and more should be expected of me.

Remember that we all have our crosses to bear. Low IQ people have difficulty navigating situations that are simple for us and their lives have some frustrations.

• Why do u lack humility so badly? Just because one isn't intellectually gifted doesn't mean u should shun them

• @Prof_Don I didn't say that I shun them. I said that I don't have much patience with them. You have jumped to a conclusion and assumed that I do not have any humility; if you knew me, you would not say that. There is a history that explains by discomfort with low IQ people and you should not rush to judgments since you don't know the history.

• I mean sure but anyone can be annoying I'm not sure if there is any relation between the two.

A lot of dumb people are pretty funny though so all goods. Ain't hating.

• What you described isn't intelligence, just a very curious and active mind.

Which can be applied to anyone depending on the context

• I don't usually care unless one attempts to argue with me and there is no arguing with stupid.

• No because dumb in a subjective opinion

• I agree with this so much. It's so true.

• Some, some of them are entertaining

• ... It's nice. :)

• Yes I find them so annoying

• Well I think that they are annoying but because of other reasons

• Lol poor you, go eat some pizza.

• Ur mad

• Yeah and this site is full of them, so this site can be very annoying

What Girls Said 9

• no i like them as long as theyre funny. it's rare to find a 100% dumb person who isn't knowledgeable about anything tho

• Yes, I find you very annoying.

• They annoy me, but not for the same reason. They're annoying because it is impossible to explain anything to them, especially something that conflicts with their beliefs. I cannot comprehend how they've made it through life being as stupid as they are.

• Of course.

• Yeah, you're pretty annoying.

• Vote B. No, I find "dumb people" highly entertaining :)

• Depends on how obnoxious they are

• Yes. That's why I don't stay on the internet too long.

• You're such a special precious snowflake.
    I find people like you annoying.
    Insufferable self-important people with superiority complex.