The furthest you've driven or would drive on a road trip?

SECOND ROAD TRIP QUESTION.

becuse I'm seriously considering it for this weekend. I asked people to recommend me places to go and they keep telling me places in-state.

which made me curious, would you or have you ever driven anywhere out of state for a short weekend road trip?

Im currently kind of torn between Chicago (yes, city, not state. Nowhere else in Illinois appeals), Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Minnesota seems like it would be boring bc all they have is mall of America

Chicago seems like it would be EXTRA packed for the holiday weekend

And there's someone I'm avoiding who lives in Wisconsin

But any other states further away seem TOO far for just a weekend trip. 😱

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Probably around 9-10K miles for a road trip, in total. One-way the longest would be around 3000-3500.

Those weren't weekend trips though. On a weekend I've driven 500-600 miles one way on several occasions. For a two-day weekend that's kinda long unless you are in it for the drive itself. For a 3-4 day weekend that distance isn't too bad.

I don't know where you're at, but St Louis is supposed to have good fireworks if you are going on the 4th. I've never seen them myself but some guys from work used to go every year and that was about q 400 miles drive.

If you like the outdoors, anywhere along the Great Lakes should be good, especially the Michigan side of Lake Michigan and Huron. There's also Lake of the Ozarks and Wisconsin Dells.

• Minneapolis, MN nightlife is pretty fricking awesome, i can only imagine it during a holiday weekend.

• Driving my own, with 2 drivers who could alternate, about 950 km (some 600 mi).
    That was from Belgium to Southern France.
    By bus, so not driving myself, about 1500 km (950 mi) on two different occasions. That was from Belgium to Poland and to Italy.

• Where are you located? Alaska... Indiana? What constitutes "far" for you. I went from San Diego to Dallas twice... i'd rather get shot in the face than do that horrible drive. Between Palm Springs and Fort Worth is essential the surface of the moon but really hot.

• I'm in Michigan.

• ah ok, I've actually made a drive from Lansing to Chicago. It's nice, very scenic and pretty. I'd hit Minneapolis for some stand-comedy and the music scene and then catch Chicago on the way back. Maybe check out that Goose Island brewery near downtown. That's gotta' be like 8-10 hour drive though.

• The furthest that I can afford to drive to. I suppose I could go some place out of state. However, the further away from home I am, the more in trouble I could end up in because I may not understand which neighbors are good or bad and I could end up in a bad one. Just so you know, Minnesota and Wisconsin are states - NOT cities.

• I know they're states? Did I say they were cities? No

• I was verifying that I knew CHICAGO is a city

• I almost drove from new jersey to California from up north and back, coming back south. 8000 miles in 6 weeks. I was so close to doing it. I would do it if I had at least 1 friend that wasn't a pussy 😂

• Furthest I've ever done was Toronto to Montreal, that's 543km/337mi. Did it in one day.

Friend of mine liked Minneapolis when he went there.

• Its not me is it? 😱😱 hahha he's in the Green Bay area would you even go there?

The twin cities have more than just the Mall of America 😜

What about the UP or just going to the beach? Mackinac Island? Chitown is probably busy.

• No you would go in the pro column, not the con column. 😜

I've never been to Wisconsin ever so I don't know where I would go lol

I'm trying to go somewhere out of Michigan :/ but if it comes down to it and I still haven't decided I might just find somewhere in the UP I guess.

• Hahah I have been and I hated the traffic. I hate the stupid lake there cuz if you wanna drive anywhere you still have to go through partly of Chicago 😂

• Just take the ferry 😜

• I would probably go check out Cali

• I can't stress this enough.

Have caffeine pills with you.

Dont overdose them or its dangerous. But you can take one if you feel like your gonna sleep on the wheel.

• Go to San Diego. Great city, great weather, great food, great people.
    The farthest road trip I've ever been to was from Seattle back to my hometown San Diego.

• I'm not going to go to San Diego because I live in Michigan and I have three days.

• Because not all road trips have to BE that long? Lmfao

• Well then just don't drive that far then. SImple

• I drove all the way up from Utah to Northern Montana
    I've also driven My Massachusetts to illinois

• Where I'm going we don't need roads

• Go to Wisconsin, because you can visit me. Chicago is amazing so that's a pretty good choice. I've driven 14 hours in a road trip only, and it was awful. I don't want to do anything over 6 hours again.

• Oregon is a beautiful state, jk not a short weekend trip haha.

• 1 hour

• Nah I haven't driven anywhere past Oregon

• any more than 2 hours and I'm not coming back. I'm buliding a house there or some shit.

What Girls Said 6

• On family vacations, it was typical for us to drive eight to 14 hours to get some place. That's a bit far for just a few days of traveling, though. Haha.

• I would drive across the entire US if I had the time and money. Adventure awaits.

• From Melbourne to hike Mt Kosciuszko in New South Wales = a ten hour drive

I drove alone after friends bailed, making petrol stops only, no rest breaks.
    I was listening to nothing but Marilyn Manson and Placebo the whole trip.

• The furthest I've driven was a 12 hour drive to get to the place and 12 hours back.

• Nm that was a trip to stay with someone, for a road trip about 1 hour to 2 hours. Since I don't want to spend most of the day in a car and rather spend it at the place I'm going to see.

• If you ever came to Georgia I know of a lot of places you can see that's awesome.

• We went across the country. We drove for over 24 hours.

• Not driving more than two hours. Fuck that.